• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dihydrocodeine help.

Karbon1991

Bluelighter
Hi, me and a friend enjoy getting high on dhc few times a week. Then have 2 weeks off to keep tolerance on a decent level. We usually have 4 x 30mg dhc. Then half hour later another 4.

We only have about 16 30mg dhc left. However I've just acquired 6 x 90mg dhc. I'm assuming they're prolonged release.

If we took 2 x 90mg dhc and waited half an hour and then took 5-6 x 30mgs will we get a similar?

If anyone can advise a better way of dosing I'd appreciate it.
Also any other advice would be appreciated too.

Thank you.

Get a tablet grinder, they grind into powder fairly well. Then just parachute the powder or put it into empty gel caps. Taking the prolonged release without somehow beating the time release mechanism is pointless if you're trying to get high

alrightttt stuff like antacids (some work better than others) can potentiate DHC, and if you wanna beat the time-release crush em bomb them - if its a capsule open the casing and crush the little pills inside and take them, grapefruit juice sucks etc etc
not too clued up on DHC but i found this thread here, either follow the link or ima stick spome choice quotes below;

Phsycra, there are essentially two types of potentiation, as Cane mentioned - inhibiting/inducing enzymes responsible for the metabolism of the opioid, or adding a sedating drug which synergises with the opioid effects. The second one is more simple - sedating 1st generation antihistamines, benzos, muscle relaxants etc all do it; combining CNS depressants greatly increases your risk of overdose however so be careful. OTC in the UK something like promethazine is a good bet (Phenergan or Sominex). If you're not looking for sedation, benzos really aren't a great idea, but then neither would sedating antihistamines be either really..

Dihydrocodeine is metabolised by a liver enzyme called CYP-2D6. If you inhibit that enzyme, DHC is metabolised more slowly, therefore remaining in the bloodstream for longer and potentiating the effects. Cimetidine is an antacid which does this but unfortunately in the UK it has been replaced by ranitidine which does not affect liver enzymes. Promethazine and some other 1st generation antihistamines (chlorpheniramine, diphenhydramine) also inhibit CYP-2D6 and potentiate DHC in that way as well.

I can't think of any reason why Mylanta would potentiate dihydrocodeine. Check the opioid potentiation megathread as Cane suggested for more ideas.

I would also not say that DHC is "just shit" compared to codeine; people vary pretty markedly in their response it seems but I find it to have more depth than codeine somehow; I know people with pretty large tolerances who really enjoy it, and people with low tolerances who don't get much from it at all. YMMV. Remember to start with a low dose if you're not familiar with it.

hope that helps (y)
0h and which part of England u from pal? i'm in south london (ツ

Last edited:
Cheers everyone. I'll have a good read through all of that after I've had some sleep. There has to be something useful in all of that and the posted thread. Oh and Keeping I'm from Derbyshire in the East Midlands. Nice to see another English person on the forum. I think me n my friend now have some Tramadol and Oromorph on the way tomorrow. So I'm sure we can make a good High out of some of all this stuff we will have haha.

Last edited: