• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dihydrocodeine - DHC.

mysafehome01

Bluelighter
So I was wondering about the typical dosages of DHC.

I get the 30mg IR ones as a prescription, but like my other Gabapentin post I don't use them daily so end up amassing quite a number by the time my next script is due.

I have been dosing these, recreaitonally in the range of 300mg. Like for like with Codeine Phosphate I find this dosage to be very mild indeed.

I know with Codeine Phosphate it has a ceiling dosage of about 450mgs, after that not much more is absorbed and the Histamine release becomes unbearable.

So my question is what would be a higher dosage without risking any serious, adverse effects?

I've seen people on here saying that taking above 250mg is dangerous although if I was to abuse DHC I'd take about 500mg, I don't really seem to get much effect from DHC though

Upping your dose by 50% may be a little much, 360-375mg would be more advisable.
DHC doesn't share the (supposed) ceiling with Codeine and is pretty linear dose-response wise. Though the uncomfortable histaminergic effect is more pronounced than most opioids at equivalent doses, Codeine aside.

Upping your dose by 50% may be a little much, 360-375mg would be more advisable.
DHC doesn't share the (supposed) ceiling with Codeine and is pretty linear dose-response wise. Though the uncomfortable histaminergic effect is more pronounced than most opioids at equivalent doses, Codeine aside.

See, now here is the strange thing. With 300mg DHC I have never got as much as an itch from the Histamine release.Yet with 300mg Codeine I would definitely notice the itch.

Dose for dose DHC is supposed to have 1.5x the strength analgesic effect as Codeine, yet I would say that Codeine Phosphate has a greater euphoric effect. Maybe that's just me.

I'll try maybe 360mg and see if I notice any difference.

A lot of people do find Codeine fairly solid in the euphoria stakes, but the relative impotence and heavy peripheral effects detract from its potential.
When my tolerance permits I do love both Codeine and DHC very much so. <3

A lot of people do find Codeine fairly solid in the euphoria stakes, but the relative impotence and heavy peripheral effects detract from its potential.
When my tolerance permits I do love both Codeine and DHC very much so. <3

Anything you like to take with DHC to potentiate/ synergize?

I know it works differently to Codeine.

Anything you like to take with DHC to potentiate/ synergize?

I know it works differently to Codeine.
Aside from the obvious (and highly dangerous) addition of benzo's, I find an inhibitor of 3A4 to be the easiest choice.
2D6 is responsible for the demethylation so a larger dose of DHM ends up circulating if the enzymes aren't competing.

Aside from the obvious (and highly dangerous) addition of benzo's, I find an inhibitor of 3A4 to be the easiest choice.
2D6 is responsible for the demethylation so a larger dose of DHM ends up circulating if the enzymes aren't competing.

Any OTC 3A4 inhibitors available?

In the past I have taken 1-2 mgs of Etizolam with it, not smart but it works.

Ranitinidine HCl is probably the most common option - same lines as Cimetidine but doesn't hit 2D6, low potency though.
Some swear by GFJ but I'd rather just up my dose than choke that shit down.

Ranitinidine HCl is probably the most common option - same lines as Cimetidine but doesn't hit 2D6, low potency though.
Some swear by GFJ but I'd rather just up my dose than choke that shit down.

Got Ranitidine by the boatload for my Indigestion. Good to know.

Thanks man, appreciated.

I always found mixing cyclizine with codeine / dihydrocodeine gave a very nice high. Not as sedating as promethazine, just a nice chilled out buzz. It's technically otc in the uk, but like codeine linctus you'll be lucky if you can find anyone to sell it to you.

Lucky ye, it's been taken off the market here in Ireland due to its abuse, the most. I ever took was just over the 200 mark, never got any high from It though apart from good pain relief.

I always found mixing cyclizine with codeine / dihydrocodeine gave a very nice high. Not as sedating as promethazine, just a nice chilled out buzz. It's technically otc in the uk, but like codeine linctus you'll be lucky if you can find anyone to sell it to you.

Being from the UK myself I've not found any cyclizine at all. I tend to use Diphenydramine over Promethazine as the latter knocks me flat out, big zzzzz's.