• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dihydrcodeone questions

Hezman94

Bluelighter
How weak compared to oxycontin
Is it a better painkiller than codeine and traamdol
Why is it never prescribed
Does it turn into metabolites anyo e know a percentage
I slipped up was taking five mg oxy a day then I found a couple 20s a d took em a d hey hardly did anything.
So should I get rid of them now cos I'm on a foemdown lol
I been trying to do three in morning 90mg and sixty middle day then a nienty at nine time
Surprised how much I can feel them plugging is stronger but shortens duration
I'm staring to regret switching couldn't go k. Morpi e I took some oramorph a good swig of a bottle and I slept all day.
So does anyone know why dihydrcodeone is not offered as I think sixty mg codeine takes piss

can someone confirm?

Found this in another thread:

Codeine can be used intramuscularly safely, but it's just needless use of a needle because codeine is more effective if it is metabolised in the liver. (and it's well absorbed orally anyway).

Ideally you should be micron filtering your pills for injection and injecting into a large muscle mass like a thigh, gluetus, shoulder, etc. But as you said there are really no reasons to use codeine this way when most of its activity comes from oral metabolites and it's extensively absorbed.

Intravenous usage of codeine is not advised (read: considered a bad idea) because codeine can cause a humongous histamine release or cause pulmonary fuckups of all sorts (read: massive allergic reactions).

I think the only benefit you'll get from IM codeine is a slightly faster onset. It's not advised to do it with non-sterile equipment, cotton balls/paper towel filters , etc... at least not regularly. Just eat your pills.

Codeine is still codeine, and it still follows the same metabolic fate (being glucuronidated, N/O-demethylated etc) whether it's absorbed orally, rectally, IM, etc. Oral just makes sure the metabolism happens while the codeine enters the blood.

I would think it also applies to DHC because it also needs to be metabolized by the liver to convert into morphine and that doesn't happen when you inject things. Plus (I'm going to try to find a more detailed explanation for this one because idk why) codeine releases a ton of histamines, more than most other opioids, and can cause anaphylaxis and kill you.

Hezman, I dont totally understand what you're asking here other than why Dihydrocodeine isn't prescribed.

I think it's not prescribed so much in the States simply because it would almost just be redundant to prescribe DHC products when we already have regulat Codeine products that tend to do the trick just as well. There are places where it is used more frequently, like Europe for instance.

As Codeine is a pro drug for Morphine, Dihydrocodeine is a pro drug for Dihydromorphine. Depending upon a person's own unique enzymatic processes it can be twice as potent as Codeine.

As far as rectal administration goes, I'm not surprised that you get a good effect. It appears that DHC was frequently prescribed back in the day in suppository form.

Fun fact, when Herman Goering was apprehended, he apparently had hundreds of DHC pills on him and they had to wean him off the drug prior to executing him. He committed suicide the night before he would've been hanged, but still...

Found this in another thread:

I would think it also applies to DHC because it also needs to be metabolized by the liver to convert into morphine and that doesn't happen when you inject things. Plus (I'm going to try to find a more detailed explanation for this one because idk why) codeine releases a ton of histamines, more than most other opioids, and can cause anaphylaxis and kill you.
thanks mate so that means it defo can't be injected then I always though you could inject dhc for some reason

Hezman, I dont totally understand what you're asking here other than why Dihydrocodeine isn't prescribed.

I think it's not prescribed so much in the States simply because it would almost just be redundant to prescribe DHC products when we already have regulat Codeine products that tend to do the trick just as well. There are places where it is used more frequently, like Europe for instance.

As Codeine is a pro drug for Morphine, Dihydrocodeine is a pro drug for Dihydromorphine. Depending upon a person's own unique enzymatic processes it can be twice as potent as Codeine.

As far as rectal administration goes, I'm not surprised that you get a good effect. It appears that DHC was frequently prescribed back in the day in suppository form.

Fun fact, when Herman Goering was apprehended, he apparently had hundreds of DHC pills on him and they had to wean him off the drug prior to executing him. He committed suicide the night before he would've been hanged, but still...

I had actually never heard of DHC before I started talking to BL users from Europe. I was like "wait, you guys get codeine 2.0 and we just get the regular kind?". I also didn't know that it breaks down into dihydromorphine, I thought it just breaks down into a higher amount of morphine than regular codeine.