Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

difficulty of concerta in south africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

zelda77

Greenlighter
how come its so difficult to get a legal script from a dr in South Africa, or should i say cape town? spending hundreds or even thousand of rands to get the right person to prescribe it to you. Have to see neurologist or other specialized person! It would be interesting to know if it is the same in other places around the world or if it's more strict here and what reason????

I went to my GP and he prescribed generic methylphenidate. It was really easy, I said I had trouble concentrating, and was reading articles on the internet, and think I have ADHD. He prescribed 10 mg a day for a month, and told me to taper the dose myself, to see what works for me. Now I take 30 mg a day (up to 60/70mg when really need to concentrate for exams and stuff). I don't take it when I dont need it tho. this is completely legal btw.

Concerta is just XR methylphenidate. It shouldnt be that hard to get it.

I'd recommend just getting the generic Methylphenidate-Douglas, which I buy from Dis-Chem for R120 for 30x10mg tablets. as opposed to Concerta which goes for like R500 a box of 30 18mg tablets. Unless medical aid is paying for it anyway.

I also stay in CPT, and he literally gave it to me without any questions. He was like, if you think it'll help, then here's a script. If you have to go to a neurologist or whatever, then you should go see another GP.

What's the real pity is that we dont get Adderall or any amphetamine salt stimulants here in SA. I tried my cousins Adderall when she came over from the US, and it works really well.

Last edited:
I know that this comes across as an genuine enquiry, but Concerta is an abusable medicine and this thread is basically asking for information on sourcing. To the OP - please have a good read of the sites user agreement and dont be surprised if the mods shut the thread down pronto

Ask Dumbledore, he ain't bad at sourcery.
But yeah, I'ma have to close this.
PM to discuss if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.