PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Different 'flavours' of Acid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganj

Bluelighter
I have heard a lot about good and bad acid and that how different people produce different acid that actually feels different to other types. As far as I am aware LSD is synthesised following specific steps (perhaps using varying methods) and will always at least at a molecular level consistently be the same thing, no matter who made it considering it was done correctly. If this is the case how can the quality of acid vary? Should it not either be acid or blatantly not acid?

Acid is acid. It's either LSD or it's not.

The same people who talk about "family acid" and "dirty acid" are the same type of people who will talk about an ecstasy pill being "heroin based" or a "double stack".

From a pharmacological standpoint that statement makes no sense. LSD is LSD, of course other ergoloids could be present on blotter, LSZ and AL-LAD perhaps could synthesized before and distributed, although I likely attribute this to simply expectation of effects.
If one has a bad trip from a print they may expect this to happen every time, especially if it causes them to believe that there is something chemically different about the LSD.

Can a mod please link to the 8+ page thread we already have on this topic and close this please?

No offense OP...it just gets old seeing this all the time.

it's either a marketing gimmick or mystic hippie magic. sho' ain't no chemistry though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.