• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Differences in blood when registering?

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
I'm kind of curious if this happens to anyone else, or if anyone knows why it happens. To register a shot, I typically create a vacuum in the syringe so I can see right when I enter a vein. Occasionally I notice variances in the blood that enters the syringe. Usually it's a crimson red color and shoots into the syringe, sometimes it's a deep and very dark red that creeps into super slowly, and sometimes it'll be a rather brighter red color (definitely not oxygenated-pink though).

I'm not new to injecting by any means, so I know that it isn't due to accidentally hitting an artery, which I've done before and would definitely recognize. Heart rate doesn't seem to affect it, so I'm thinking blood pressure and/or hydration maybe?

I have noticed over the years that the deep veins tend to be very dark very fast flow, like no doubt you're in a good one

I went thru a time IVing cocaine where due to the vasoconstriction and killing off veins I had to hit smaller surface veins. They were always a lighter red (not artery-light, I know what you mean, but lighter than the dark dark blood). They also ran somewhat slower...maybe as it's harder to get a really good alignment in tiny veins in your fingers and such.

I think maybe the main ones are the darker blood and the lighter are the smaller ones coming off the capillaries? That was just my guess, so maybe I'm wrong and someone else knows more!

That could very well be a thing, definitely not something I've ever considered. Strangely enough I'm noticing these changes even if I'm using the same exact vein.

Just did a little research. The intensity of the red color of blood is indicative of blood saturation, which meth lowers. I typically see the dark blood when redosing, so that would explain the color. I wonder why it flows more slowly into the syringe though. Perhaps that is from lower blood pressure? Can't find anything online but it seems logical that it'd cause that.