• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Differences between the subjective effects of unsubstituted cathinone and amphetami

Neuroprotection

Bluelighter
In this thread I want to keep the focus on The unsubstituted cathinone molecule which has the molecular formula C9H11NO and amphetamine - C9H13N
I believe that cathinone may be less potent than amphetamine when given in equal doses, but what is the reason for this? Is it something to do with the oxygen atom in cathinone.
The reason I'm interested in this topic is because I am of Yemeny Origin. In The Yemen, The leaves of a plant called khat Are chewed daily by many people for its psychoactive effects. These include: increased confidence, increased sociability, enhanced self esteem and elimination of tiredness and general fatigue. However those who have developed a daily habit suffer a range of problems including loss of work ethic, excessive time wasting and many health problems, many of which are probably more related to Poor diet and use of illegal pesticides on the plant. The side-effects of khat consumption are quite similar to amphetamine and include increased heart rate, anxiety and a mild come down where fatigue and low mood are the main components. It is believed that cathinone is the main psycho active ingredient of this plant. However despite the negative effects of obtaining cathinone naturally through the plant, problems rarely arise for moderate users rather it is long term heavy consumers Who suffer mild cognitive disturbances and an increased risk of mental disorders, although they recover quickly upon stopping use. Also heavy users Who consider themselves seriously addicted to khat or at least A majority experience very mild or non existent withdrawals and would not put in much effort to pursue The drug particularly if they leave the country.
People who have used both cathinone and amphetamine, say that amphetamine has a far stronger stimulating affect and is more rewarding with a slight body high and strong euphoric buz. In comparison cathinone is similar i in its physical affect But psychologically it is rewarding in a different way. There is more of a calm acceptance of and pleasure with life as well as A tendency to go into deep thoughts about a range of issues from political crises to personal matters. Also the euphoric buz is much less intense for inexperienced or first time users.
What are your views on this topic?
Have you tried both drugs and can you compare their effects?
It would be good if you only include experiences with the two above mentioned compounds and not their analogues even though their analogues are far more common.