• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Dieting with the aid of speed.

The key is not so much carb v. no carb, as it is high glycemic v. low glycemic (although there's a correlation b/t carbs & high glycemic value). Here's a list of glycemic indexes for various foods. Also, eat several small meals throughout the day & your metabolism will stay consistently low.
http://www.mendosa.com/gilists.htm

What really characterises speed sddiction?
and how easy is it to get addicted to speed ?
all the mornings i have work and have to get up @ 5:30am i have a line or 2 sometimes 3.
as a result of this i have lots of energy, get a dry mouth and work up a little bit of sweat. i dont feel totally wired. i go home relax wind down exercise and eventually go to bed and get 5-6 hours sleep.
someties i do this 5 days in a row, its only been of late, some mornings i dont have any and i dont feel a need for speed but it deffinetly helps me along.
what really characterises speed addiction and how wasy would it be for me to fall into it ?
answers and opinons appeciated
-funkiout-

funki, from what i have heard you may want to cut it back to when you really need it... its too easy to slide into it, i used to work with someone who had lines every day it wasn't too cool. But on the odd occasion when youre really tired it cant hurt. My god, what the hell kind of a-hole manager makes u get up so damn early?!?!

I work in maccas, im a trainee manager, i said id like to open monday-friday so i can party weekends. shop opens 6:30am i have to get up real early go in there and set up.
So in fact i am sorta the manager but not really yet. :)
might try for 3 mornings a week then, i know speed is highly addictive and im always in the BEST mood ever when im tweaking, id get my ass fired if anyone ever found out

Using methamphetamine to aid in weight loss is a good method to lose a lot of weight. But one must approach it carefully. Maintaining nutrition and hydration is a must in order to stay healthy.
After you lose your, maintaining the proper diet and exe weightrcise is key so it will not come back. Becoming a vegetarian, and doing mild aerobic exercise and yoga three times a week would be my best advice.

Dieting.
I think asking about the recreational value of perscription medicine is outside the bluelight forum rules.

Just checking. ;)
To clarify the efficacy of antiobesity drugs, this article reviews all long-term (> or =36 weeks), placebo-controlled trials of obesity pharmacotherapy published since 1960. Since fears of anorexiant-induced heart valve damage preclude many physicians and patients from even considering antiobesity drugs, this area is also reviewed in-depth. Electronic database and manual bibliography search was used to identify all relevant publications. While existing studies are too few and heterogeneous to warrant meta-analysis, their review does provide evidence highly relevant to the safety and efficacy of available anorexiants. Weight loss attributable to obesity pharmacotherapy (ie, in excess of placebo) in trials lasting 36 to 52 weeks was 8.1% or 7.9 kg for those receiving phentermine resin, 5.0 % or 4.3 kg for those receiving sibutramine hydrochloride, 3.4% or 3.4 kg for those receiving orlistat, and -1.5% or -1.5 kg for those receiving diethylpropion hydrochloride. Physiologic, pathologic, and epidemiological studies strongly support that anorexiant-induced valvulopathy is attributable to specific serotonergic properties of the fenfluramines that are not present with available weight loss drugs.
From this study: Glazer G. Long-term pharmacotherapy of obesity 2000: a review of efficacy and safety.
Arch Intern Med. 2001 Aug 13-27;161(15):1814-24.
Phentermine has been shown to cause a 5-15% weight loss if given daily or intermittently. Compared with sibutramine and orlistat, phentermine is cheaper, and specific formulations allow once-daily administration. However, phentermine is indicated only for short-term treatment, and tolerance often develops. Common adverse effects associated with phentermine are dry mouth, insomnia, increased blood pressure, and constipation.
Pharmacologic options for the treatment of obesity. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2001 Jul 15;58(14):1301-8.
Phentermine does seem to help with weight loss. It helps even more when combined with fenfluramine (now withdrawn) or fluoxetine (ie Prozac). However, when combined with these drugs the neurotoxicity is increased (both to serotonin and dopamine neurons). Phentermine on its own results in some dopamine nuerotoxicity. How much compared to amphetamines I don't know -- probably slightly less. Personally, I'd rather take an amphetamine for weight loss (also it's probably easier to obtain).

It seems that it will be easier to get phentermine than adderall. Adderall is much more heavily controlled and I don't know anyone with Attent..... *zips mouth*
Are there any different precautions to take for phentermine as opposed to adderall?