• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life?

Gnostic Bishop

Bluelighter

It seems that the older I get, the less enjoyable and desirable the thought of living eternally becomes, even though I am quite pleased with how my life has evolved and how I will end this life.

Be it with a body here on earth, or as a spirit in some heaven, I cannot imagine anyone living eternally and enjoying it.

It would be like living watching the same T V program running over and over and over, since there is nothing new under the sun. All would be seen as allegories and or analogous of other situations.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

I think I understand this question but just to clarify, do you mean the uncertainty of spending eternal life with God based on the individual person? If that's what you mean then my opinion is that eternal life is God's presence. If you don't know His name, you won't go to be with Him

It seems that the older I get, the less enjoyable and desirable the thought of living eternally becomes, even though I am quite pleased with how my life has evolved and how I will end this life.
I wouldn't want to live forever unless I could stay living right here on Earth. I've already been to different dimensions that look a lot like Earth, except demons lived there but a wooded area I went to had no insects and it was sunny outside. All sub-consciously, but very much real that I know it exists

Be it with a body here on earth, or as a spirit in some heaven, I cannot imagine anyone living eternally and enjoying it.
People are complicated. It's hard to predict what one likes and the other hates. We all share one thing, a will

It would be like living watching the same T V program running over and over and over, since there is nothing new under the sun. All would be seen as allegories and or analogous of other situations.
I think from that perspective, without Earth there's chaos. What happens here is exciting, but only because of the speed at which it happens

Thoughts?
When I go, I'll already know that I'm not going anywhere. This is information I've read in my conscience; like inbuilt memory

Last edited:
Imagine having the worst life possible. Constant pain, never sheltered, you don't even know the concept of love because you've never had it.... now imagine living that life for eternity.

I'm glad life isn't some fucked up fractal. It should absolutely terminate at one point. A period at the end of the sentence. Would seem meaningless to me for some reason if it never ended....

I think I understand this question but just to clarify, do you mean the uncertainty of spending eternal life with God based on the individual person? If that's what you mean then my opinion is that eternal life is God's presence. If you don't know His name, you won't go to be with Him

I wouldn't want to live forever unless I could stay living right here on Earth. I've already been to different dimensions that look a lot like Earth, except demons lived there but a wooded area I went to had no insects and it was sunny outside. All sub-consciously, but very much real that I know it exists

People are complicated. It's hard to predict what one likes and the other hates. We all share one thing, a will

I think from that perspective, without Earth there's chaos. What happens here is exciting, but only because of the speed at which it happens

When I go, I'll already know that I'm not going anywhere. This is information I've read in my conscience; like inbuilt memory

Confusing.

You have visited supernatural realms, yet do not see a life after death.

Regards
DL

Imagine having the worst life possible. Constant pain, never sheltered, you don't even know the concept of love because you've never had it.... now imagine living that life for eternity.

I'm glad life isn't some fucked up fractal. It should absolutely terminate at one point. A period at the end of the sentence. Would seem meaningless to me for some reason if it never ended....

That is the, --- harm to others, --- part of religions pushing the notion of eternal life, and mostly death after years of torture in hell for the vast majority.

Jesus himself has been criticized for hanging that live forever idea onto people.

Knowing that this life is our only life does have us live it more fully than if we save up our credits for a life that we will never have after death.

The god Religions are all based on lies and we should rid ourselves of them.

Regards
DL

Confusing.

You have visited supernatural realms, yet do not see a life after death.

Regards
DL
That's because I feel connected to my memories. Unless that other life was right here, I wouldn't even know who I was

I'm saying not knowing my surroundings makes me unsure of who I am. Which syndrome does that describe?

You would have to check with a shrink for the exact label.

If you are unsure of who you are, your condition is likely in the dementia category.

Regards
DL

Except God did give us eternal life. All he asks is that we worship him forever. He's a narcissist like that.

Rest assured though any mortality we have isn't for our benefit.

I mean, this is the guy that'll let his followers suffer just to win a bet. Job 1 8-12. :)

Dementia is a degenerative disease and I definitely don't have that. I don't see anything odd about someone not feeling themselves if they find themselves somewhere unknown to them

Memories, especially of where one is born and lives the first few years of their life are very important to a persons' identity. Being thrown into another realm would be quite dissociating

Except God did give us eternal life. All he asks is that we worship him forever. He's a narcissist like that.

Rest assured though any mortality we have isn't for our benefit.

I mean, this is the guy that'll let his followers suffer just to win a bet. Job 1 8-12. :)

Yes, and Job 2;3 has god admitting clearly that Satan moved him to do it.

He was not apologizing. He was stating a fact.

Christian morals are corrupt due to their double moral standard where they forgive Yahweh for murder while condemning a person for the same vile deed.

That is why they are known for being hypocrites and moral cowards.

Regards
DL

Christianity ignores all the laws of Judaism and proclaims them obsolete. That's what makes it a cult religion. It's based on the teachings of a man

There are lots of these. Christianity is just one of many

Christianity ignores all the laws of Judaism and proclaims them obsolete. That's what makes it a cult religion. It's based on the teachings of a man

There are lots of these. Christianity is just one of many

I agree and would expand with, --- all religions are based on the teachings of people.

The god religions start with lies about a supernatural god and just keeps on going from there.

Regards
DL