• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Did something idiotic while shooting up need some advice

NeoLid

Bluelighter
I was about to do a shot a few weeks ago and dropped my syringe with the needles uncapped and it fell on my bed. I was kinda worried the needle was dirty and not having any other needles I decided to just put a flame to the needles for a few seconds thinking the heat would kill any bacteria. The problem is I guess there was some carbon left on the needle and now I have a black spot where I shot up, 2 actually. Kinda like a tiny little tattoo. Its been a few weeks and the spot are still exactly the same. So am I stuck with the spot or can I make it go away somehow?

They will definitely be there for a while. How long is uncertain but the comparison to tattoo's is completely accurate. Some tattoo ink in prisons is made from the soot off burnt chess pieces if that gives you an idea. Watch for infection and get some anti-bacterial wipes or alcohol wipes (preferably) for the future.

If its been a few weeks I think the risk of infection is nil at this point. You tattooed yourself dude, a literal stick n poke tattoo.

I have two done with sewing needle and pen ink. One by an ex gf (my one and only serious gf RIP she died in 2018 ) and by an ex friend. Ones an infinity and ones an ankh symbol of life... im gonna live forever.