• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Did I overdose ? I self medicate

Inc3pti0n

Bluelighter
Did I just overdose ? Okay so I regularly take pain medications. Yesterday I had quite a little bit more as I had not had this medication for eeeks (oramorph) I took my 60ml dosage 10mg/5ml where as it would normally be upto 40ml max. I had fallen asleep woke up and began to throw up and head hurt like hell since it’s not 12 hours later. This has never happened before by taking too much medication of a sort as I’m used to it due to how long I have been on painkillers. I should also mention I had 300mg tramadol IR

It's a mild overdose - please learn from it and don't have a major one.

Sounds like your tolerance has lowered with you (sounds like) having had less opiates lately - and then you took more of your usual dose when you should have been doing the exact opposite and taking less

So, be more aware of your dosing and also do not combine opiates perhaps

It's a mild overdose - please learn from it and don't have a major one.

Sounds like your tolerance has lowered with you (sounds like) having had less opiates lately - and then you took more of your usual dose when you should have been doing the exact opposite and taking less

So, be more aware of your dosing and also do not combine opiates perhaps
From what I gather then I did and I do learn from that 100%. It won’t I repeat won’t ever happen again as I didn’t like it I like to be in control of myself not to a point I’m so zombified bouncing off walls, dry mouth splitting headache. It’s almost 24 hours on and I’ve today had just a small amount not what I normally would anywhere near 1/4 I would say I’m being safe.

thanks for the fast in depth replies guys ❤️means a lot

It is also considered a good practice to avoid taking multiple different opioids at once: they can potentially interact to cause greater respiratory depression or somnolence, and also could be considered a waste if you are taking a very strong opiate (morphine) alongside a weaker one (tramadol) because the effects will br heavily biased to the large dose of morphine.

Indeed, be careful next time. Respect your schedule. Write down your dosages if that helps.

If you're asking if taking too much Oramorph can make you throw up? Hell yea! That's definitely the case if it happened in pretty short order after dosing. If it happened hours later however, I doubt it was the painkillers. As usual, please be safe out there guys and remember, you can never undo a dose but if needed, you can always take more - if needed.

Inception, I really think you should back peddle a little bit. You're at the edge of a cliff in my opinion. We all roll the dice when we do stuff like this and unfortunately, some people lose.

Are you familiar with a service called:

Never Use Alone?

[/URL]

It is a community of volunteers with the stated goal of reducing the risk of drug overdose and I think it is a pretty genius idea really.

You call the number, tell them you are using and your concern about overdose. They will essentially check up on you to make sure you are okay and if you don't respond, it triggers a dead-man's-switch and they send emergency services to your place.

I know it is lame and I understand why such an idea might make someone paranoid, but hey, this gives you a direct, fighting chance of surviving an overdose that could kill you.

Btw, I would really love to hear from people who have used this service successfully! It will help make others more comfortable in the process.