• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Did I have a meth induced strokes?

Benzo555

Greenlighter
Hi guys new to blue light but I have a question that really freaks me out and need some thoughts on it.
I have been doing large amounts of benzodiazepines for maybe 7 months after relapsing. So I had a friend who started shooting meth. I did it once a looonng time ago and was like ok I'm in. So for the last month I've been shooting as well as doing benzos. I use the benzos mostly at night like right while I'm still flying on meth and sometimes Alcohol and sometimes a whole cocktail. At the least I'm taking meth and benzos plus Seroquel, lyrica, baclofen w/e.
So it has been stop and go on the meth but for the last 4 days I've been shooting. Yesterday at about 4am I hit something. Arm numb alot of pain and there seemed to be blood flowing inside my arm. Ok went to hospital. It felt better no numbness. Doc looked at it for a sec and said you got it to stop. Bye. So I went home and decided I'd have my friend do it for me and that was my final shot. Other arm. POP same thing in the other then the other side started because I was trying to stop that one. Back to hospital. On the way there I got them both to stop. Later that night I decided I'm done with meth but figured I'd boof ( I know I know) what I had left and quite. Problem was it was all liquid from a few mixes and using the same cup for 4 days I have no idea how much. I was high and on benzos so I did some. Didn't really feel it. Did more. Naw. Did it all. Probably a shit ton of meth. Started pouring sweat hands swollen. My viens disappeared thwn I had a screaming headache and saw stars. My vision glitched and I'd do weird tics. I know I overdosed and was seeing squiggles. I felt my nerves pooping in my head. Glitch glitch glitch. Bad. Was like shit I'm pretty sure I'm having a stroke. Took some Xanax and my blood pressure pills didn't get better so called an ambulance. Problem was the fucking doctors wouldn't hear of it. They though it was the mix and I was full of it. So I'm sitting there spacing out palms pouring sweat and bluish. Seeing squiggles. Can barely talk right and they blame the whole fucking thing on the benzos and meth. My blood pressure was through the roof but slowly went down probably the pills kicked in. Hallucinations stopped. Now I'm sober. About 18hrs later. No hallucinating but I keep feeling popping in my head.oh and my damn face and neck kept going numb throughout. Do any of you have experience in meth and strokes. They looked at my heart said it was good even though I kept saying my head but I was so exhausted and could barely talk or think. I wasn't even making sense in some shit I said. They blamed the whole damn thing on the benzos. I need at least some kind of experienced advice here. It seems to be going away just popping in my head and the occasion squiggle and very slight numbness on an off. But maybe it was the meds and not sleeping for 2 days or mixing all the time. I'm getting more disoriented by the day. Dropping shit and it just sucks I'm done with meth but I just need to know if anyone has experience with ODS, artery hits, or strokes. Sorry for the massive post. Any info would really help I'm pretty freaked out.

Too much meth and not enough sleep.

The signs of a stroke are pretty hard to miss and it sounds like you didn't have one, thankfully

dude shooting street meth is not a question of if, but when your going to seriously damage your body/mind. plus mixing all the drugs together wont help as it will mask the noticeable effects of meth and lead to you use more and overdose. So you probably didnt have a stroke, just fried a bunch of brain cells/dopamine receptors. And if continue doing this i absolutely will bet my house and car you will be either dead or seriously fucked up in 5 years. Good luck

Hi and Welcome to BL B555

I just wanted to point out that trying to diagnose something as serious as a stroke/ Transient Ischemic Attack/ Clot/ etc. is really best done with a physician who has diagnostic tools at their disposal. Just know that while everyone can try to advise or suggest possibilities, internet determinations of injury aren't a substitute for medical intervention. Seeing as the emergency room/ A&E doctors have somewhat washed their hands of you, seeking out a physician that can spend more time than those looking for obvious, emergent life threatening situations might be your best bet.

A non-emergency doctor might also be able to help with a benzo taper as well because going Cold Turkey on those can also bring about some serious problems. Treatment options for addiction are also highly recommended at this point as I only see things going downhill from here. Back to back ambulance trips should be considered a "rock bottom" event as you might not have many chances left to turn things around.

I hope things improve for you and I also suggest you take a peek at the Health-and-Recovery forum, as it's a great place to help with turning things around when you reach a place like this.