• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Did I get bit by the benzo devil? Am I too late?

Btw, how long clean do you have? If any

suboxone nowdays only; only been 4-5 months. longest I've went in the past 6 years was 9 months on subs. I went from 16MG to 4MG too fast and ended up shooting again. nowadays I am at 8MG's and feeling good everyday. I take 8MG bupe in the AM and 1600MG gabapentin and always feel on top of the world; so hopefully things stay like this and a needle doesnt hit the arm anytime soon.

You can't take off for the week, but can you afford to go into seizure, coma and delirium? It's not a matter of what if, go take care of yourself, who cares about a job if you got no working body to use anymore.

You guys really know yur shit. All that crap info on other sites had me worried. Me being an addict/in recovery know well enough how crazy and quickly benzo use can escalate.
Idk why to today I was like"shit I've been taking at least 2-4mg a day for a month WTF did I get myself into again!"

SKR- I do have acces to get some for a taper. Was worried att of this post the supply was OUT!

Project Will- Damn I wouldn't be able to handle a 20mg-a-day-for yrs-withdrawal. My hat off to you sr.

Plan: Take as little as needed(.5-1) for first few days. Then continue the taper..

Thank you both for the info and relief.

You're most welcome Track89!

Even acute benzo withdrawal can be managed well with immaculate diet and the right natural sedatives. It's just that when you're in the habit you're not likely to be organised enough for that. You're more likely to think "No worries, I will get more in time".

Nope can't afford to miss work they can cart me off in a stretcher

The valerian root helps a little during the day. Like you said diet is important, haven't had much of an appetite but am eating when I can and staying hydrated.

-It's been 2 nights so far. Melatonin, Vroot and one or two OTC sleeping pills and I can rest my head.

I've just been in a confused, irritable, lethargic state of mind so far. No seizures or serious shit happening. Applying toothpaste on the brush this mornin' was a fuckin' hurdle, just stared at them in my hand "whuuuut do I doooo" "SHIT MIKE PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER MAN! ITS JUST THE DRUGS YOULL BE FINE SOON"

Last edited:
Lol. You'll be fine soon. I'm no expert and I am not trying to minimize it but if it was only a month I think you can get this under control. Just watch yourself really well for the next few days.

No, Valerian almost takes away all the physical symptoms, but you'll still be in a shitty, irritable mood. Still it's nothing compared to the full-out madness you'd otherwise have to experience.

Good luck, man. I've been in a similar boat (different benzo, similar equipotent dosages), and it's not a pleasant boat to be on. It's not the Titanic, but it's shitty boat nonetheless.
It's never too late, and one can learn a lot about themselves and comfort/discomfort during withdrawal. Doesn't make it any less god-awful, but...

Iunno if you're someone who indulges in cannabis, but I found smoking myself to sleep/smoking enough to dissociate at night beneficial, after the first few days. It certainly doesn't help with the mental fog, but I found L-Theanine and *non-repetitive low dose* adminidtration of caffeine helped a liytle bit with that.

You got thisssss

Good luck, man. I've been in a similar boat (different benzo, similar equipotent dosages), and it's not a pleasant boat to be on. It's not the Titanic, but it's shitty boat nonetheless.
It's never too late, and one can learn a lot about themselves and comfort/discomfort during withdrawal. Doesn't make it any less god-awful, but...

Iunno if you're someone who indulges in cannabis, but I found smoking myself to sleep/smoking enough to dissociate at night beneficial, after the first few days. It certainly doesn't help with the mental fog, but I found L-Theanine and *non-repetitive low dose* adminidtration of caffeine helped a liytle bit with that.

You got thisssss

Last night after work I got drunk. It helped a lot. Today I had off and felt somewhat normal.

As far as cannabis goes, if it's sativa I'll feel more anxious and wacked out.
But if it's summ indica like GDP id be lights-out after a few hits. A lot of SourD around.. Last thing I need :)

I def got blessed this time, should be good in a day or two. A good reminder tho.. Thanks for all youz guyz inputz

And a shout out to Vroot! WOOTWOOT