Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Did I get away with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty_dinks

Greenlighter
I recently was found with 1 E at a music festival in new south wales over new years by the police.

They took it away and took my details down. They said I was free to go and did not give me a court notice.

Am I free? or will i get one later

The police are the only people that can answer this.

See other (very similar thread) for discussion....but we're not a legal service, sorry.
If the fuzz wanna caution you, they will.
If they wanna take it further, they may do so.
We can't give you a definitive answer.

As above, we can't (well, won't) give legal advice and any responses you may receive here will be speculation and nothing more.

That being said, I wouldn't be too surprised at all if you don't hear anything further on the matter. Given it was only a single pill, and assuming you have no prior convictions or warnings over anything remotely similar, I'd say they wouldn't bother pursuing it given they have to fill out all the paperwork for something that would likely be put down to a warning at worst. There's probably not much point for them to do so anyway, I mean it's not like you had multiple pills you were potentially looking to SELL. However the plod would be ridiculously busy this time of year with paperwork etc anyway, which could either further work in your favour (as per what I just said) or could also mean they're busy with significantly more important crap and will get to you later.

In any case, there's no use stressing over it. Just "lay low" for a bit so to speak, on the off chance you're just on the bottom of the pile. If you're gonna get charged, you're gonna get charged. Nothing much you can do - especially until you actually receive notice. No point getting yourself worked up over what will likely be nothing :)

It's only been a week, and several public holidays to boot. I'd say it would take longer to test the pill and then issue you are correct summons. If in a month you have heard nothing I'd say you are in the clear.

Surely they would give a caution for ONE pill??

Maybe if you've already got a fair record they will take it further, one pill isn't worth the courts time to even follow up I wouldn't think?

If they didn't give you a notice to appear in court then more than likely you'll not have to go.
They only send a pill for testing if you claim not knowing what the object they found is.
If you plead ignorance (don't even give them the idea it's a pill/ drug) then they will send it to a lab to find out what it is and possibly charge you.
Lab testing takes at least 3 months for the police.
(This is going by Queensland standard)

There is zero chance of being charged. The filth know they will never get a conviction. You can go to court and say you had no effect, it must have been sugar. They have no evidence.

There is zero chance of being charged. The filth know they will never get a conviction. You can go to court and say you had no effect, it must have been sugar. They have no evidence.

It is illegal to possess an 'Ecstasy' pill regardless of whether it has MDMA or another illegal drug in it . If they have confiscated the pill then they do have evidence.

This is not to say that the OP is any more likely to be charged, just thought I would point this out.

I thought it was the same thread and my comments got deleted. At least I'm not going crazy.

These two thread should get merged and the ops should go drop E's together.

Happy happy.

Noone can tell you what will happen in this situation for sure - it's all conjecture, and the only thing you can do is wait and see. For that reason, I don't feel like much valuable discussion can be had here - all anyone can do is guess. For that reason I'm closing this thread. But there is a similar thread with a wider scope of discussion going on here - 'will I get charged' -which I think would be very valuable to you, and anyone else with this question - check it out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.