• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Diazpam WD. Advice please!

martainnn

Bluelighter
Hi bluelight.

I've been taking valium off-script. In the grand scheme of things I guess I've been careful with my useage because I was always worried about getting fully addicted to it and having at some point to face withdrawals. I've been taking roughly 5mg 4 times a week for about 6 months. Before I ran out, I took about 60mg over the course of a week (went to glastonbury so had a bit of a binge) then was left with 10mg when I decided to come off and split that over a 2 week period taking 2.5mg 4 times. I experienced some withdrawal symptoms during these 2 weeks and apart from a few boughts of anxiety I seemed to be okay. Its now been a week since I've had my last 2.5 and I'm really struggling today. I've read that the withdrawals comes in waves so I was kind of expecting it to return. My question is, in regards to my dosage and how long I was taking it for, how dangerous is going cold turkey and how long is going to last for roughly? Is it worth mentioning to my doctor and trying to taper off or should I just man through it now that its been a week since my last dose? I really do feel for people who have been taking this daily for years, it must really be hell coming off it because this isn't far off!

Some of the symptoms I've been experiencing;
Depression, Anxiety, Panic attacks, Headaches, Jaw ache (probably from anxiety I guess), blurry vision, vertigo/dizziness, stomach ache, G.I. issues.

Any advice would be appreciated, is there anything I can do to aid the WDs?

Cheers

You really should tell your Dr or at least have someone to supervise you during the wds bc there is a high risk of seizures with benzo wds.
I had one from xanax wd, but I was taking way more.
Be careful.
There's not really much you can do to ease benzo wd. Maybe look into getting some Kava or Valerian Root or something. Hope that helps

Talk to a dr. Drink a lot of water, take vitamins, excercise, and take melatonin...it helps

these doses arent serious enough to cause seizures in my experience. just ride it out; you have tapered for a while. i know it sucks but you'll start feeling better in a week. hopefuly youve learned ya lesson! good luck