• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Diazepam

Davel1987

Greenlighter
I took 15mg of diazepam last nite but spaced out the amount would it be better to take 15mg at the time? Would it work better for me??

It really depends on what you mean by 'better' if you want to sleep then taking 15mg at once will be better than 5mg then 5mg then 5 mg . If you want to be relaxed for a long period then taking smaller amounts is better.

This is really a personal preference and has a lot to do with tolerance etc

As has already been stated this is something you will have to find out for yourself.

I have been taking diazepam for many years, I can take 50mg in one dose and have no problems.

However I have found generally I enjoy 10mg, it seems to be my sweet spot, sometimes I will have more but 10 seems to be the most relaxing.
Diazepam has a long half life so be aware that the level of it will build up when taking multiple doses over a 24 hour period.

I took 15mg of diazepam last nite but spaced out the amount would it be better to take 15mg at the time? Would it work better for me??
If for recreational use, then Yeah, you'll feel more of an initial rush if you take it at once, if you have a condition you're taking for, then follow the prescription instructions, which probably read something like this; "10mg diazepam. Take 3-4 times/day."

- Hopeless 7nos

This is getting off topic and the question was already speculative and could have been answered with a search. Clean it up guys.

Is your medication; tablet, oral solution or injectable?

Last edited:
Agree with Bearlove. As a longtime user of benzos, 40-50mg does fine for me. After laying off for a long time, 10mg is a heavy dose for new users-most people fall asleep. Reasonable tolerance and 10mg is a nice relaxed feeling. 5mg is enough for many. 15mg might be wasted unless you want a long restful nights sleep. Adding alcohol is not recommended at all. I'd try 10 and see how that works.