Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Diazepam/??mgs) - Moderately exp. - The End

Chazzout

Bluelighter
I came across some diazepam, and shortly thereafter I entered a relationship with a girl I had been fond of for about two years. These two events are unrelated, I should mention.

The girl and I lived in different cities, each 4 hours apart. We saw each other on weekends when I could come into town. As it would turn out, we would only get one weekend together.

Without going into the details of that relationship, I can tell you about the night it ended. It was the Superbowl. I walked to my friends' place after an Inuktitut class. The bowl was on when I got there, and in keeping with the bowl theme, we smoked a few.

I began to get a panicky sort of dissociation from the weed - I decided it would be a good time to bust out the Valium.

I'd love to tell you how many I took, and what the effects were like. What I can assume is that I felt a warmth come over me. The anxiety probably disappeared. I probably felt still as though I was in another world from the strong bowls, but I felt at peace and artificially calm. I almost definitely made some stupid jokes about American Football.

What I do remember is that I grabbed a blanket, wrapped myself in it, and blacked out in the other room. It was utterly comfortable. It was not the sort of hyperactive euphoria of an opiate high but rather the feeling of being curled up by a warm fire on a cold winter's night.

I eventually headed home to my apartment. When I got back, my girlfriend skyped me. We chatted. She seemed distant. She had for awhile. I told her I was on valium (I think I told her?). She then said to me…

Well… that's the thing. We broke up, but I don't know what she said. I couldn't remember the conversation we had. I still don't.
The next morning I woke up confused. Was I still dating this girl?
I texted her.
"Hi… did we break up last night?"
"Yes… sorry!"
My God.

Truthfully, two relationships ended that day. A few days later, I decided once and for all that I had hit a bad place in my relationship with drug use. I stopped using anything recreationally other than the odd drink. My mindset has been healthier than ever since then, though I have deep-seated problems that I'm now just learning to cope with sober. The drugs cost me a budding relationship with a beautiful, talented girl, but losing her ultimately helped me regain my sanity.

Still, I have to laugh at that break-up.=D

yeah benzo blackouts are shit but sometimes you can look back and laugh. I guess the relationship wasn't going to work out anyhow, maybe it's better that you don't remember it that well, will make forgetting about the whole thing much easier. It's too bad you couldn't have recorded the convo tho lol i have recorded conversations from when i was blacked out and they are insanely messed up. Also plenty of text messages, emails and even BL posts that make no sense.

The last time I blacked on out a large dose of xanax I apparently stole someone's vehicle and sat in jail for the last five months on account of being being a stupid junky. Pretty brilliant. Sorry to hear about yoru relatiionship, but sometimes as human beings we have to learn the hard way.

^paahaha

Man that would fucking suck not remembering doing something and serving time.

Ahh, been through the breaking up whilst blacked out. Haha pretty damn confusing the next day.

But congrats on ending your drug use before it got the better of you. I'm still reaping the wonderful effects of benzo withdrawal after etizolam/clonazepam use. 1.5 months after the taper and I still can't have a beer.