• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Diazepam help, having anxiety now after taking more

Keets

Greenlighter
Took 15mg of Diaz this am for severe anxiety but am supposed to take it at night before bed(only 10mg) it's been 12 hours and just took another 10mg will this be bad? I have only been taking it for a week now.

It's not bad, but it should make you pretty sleepy given the long half life.

If not I have a belsomra sitting on the night stand waiting for me, unless that's bad to mix. I,had a post about that and not many people commented on it so still a little weary.

Well, belsomra acts exclusively on orexine, so there shouldn't be any direct interactions, other then increased sleepiness etc.

Well, belsomra acts exclusively on orexine, so there shouldn't be any direct interactions, other then increased sleepiness etc.
Thanks I'm new to all this stuff and have no idea what any of this stuff does if mixed. Doc said it is ok but I read it could have a bad interaction if taken together. The Internet is a scary place.

Thanks I'm new to all this stuff and have no idea what any of this stuff does if mixed. Doc said it is ok but I read it could have a bad interaction if taken together. The Internet is a scary place.

If you've read that there's a possibility of a bad interaction, better not take it together, just to be safe.
I'm no doctor.

I did take the belsomra several hours after the diazepam a few nights ago because I could not sleep,and was ok but it was hours apart. It's just reading one thing and hearing on other from the doc who,gave me both. Such conflicting information. There isn't much out there on mixing the two

Oh well, everything I know is, that belsomra does not interact with Gaba, so imo taking it with diazepam will only increase sleepiness and your doctor said it's not a problem to combine both.
Do you take the diazepam for anxiety or for sleep problems?

Oh well, everything I know is, that belsomra does not interact with Gaba, so imo taking it with diazepam will only increase sleepiness and your doctor said it's not a problem to combine both.
Do you take the diazepam for anxiety or for sleep problems?
The diazepam was supposed to help with tension in my back/neck and jaw so I could sleep but it didn't help me sleep so,he gave me the belsomra. Than I'm decided to quit drinking so I could take the stuff so now it's also helping with that part of it as well. It has caused great anxiety quitting drinking so I,took the diazepam this morning since I ran out of the stuff the er gave me if that made and sence.

All in all the doc didn't know I was an alcoholic so,he gave me the Diaz so,I,quit so I could get relief but little did I know I was opening a door to hell by not being honest but the Diazepam saved me from having seizures from quitting so I could take the diazepam

Ah ok, but don't forget that benzos are quite addictive and the withdrawal is on par with alcohol withdrawal, so minimize your intake and don't take it longer than 1 week straight.
You could try hydroxyzine and maybe cognitive behavioral therapy.
Stay safe :)

Ah ok, but don't forget that benzos are quite addictive and the withdrawal is on par with alcohol withdrawal, so minimize your intake and don't take it longer than 1 week straight.
You could try hydroxyzine and maybe cognitive behavioral therapy.
Stay safe :)
Trying to be carefull with the benzos it's only supposed to be short term till I get the sleep sorted out. Every sleep,drug out there does the opposit to me so that's why the doc started there. I can say though I have have the best sleep in years taking it though I wonder how it will be when switching to,just the sleep meds.
im not easily addicted to things (knock on wood) I have had surgeries and came off the drugs with no issues so I'm hoping this will be the same. Although the alcohol won't be there to replace it so I'm wondering about that now.

Been on a fairly high dose of Diazepam everyday for over 15 years.....If I take just 1 or 2mg over what I should take it makes my anxiety go mad, strange as years ago if I upped the does I felt a bit more relaxed, now it has the opposite effect, meant to be called a paradoxil effect.