• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Diazepam Generics

FN57

Greenlighter
Refering to this post first http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/804389-Manufactuer-Names

My question is which generic manufacturers produce diazepam. Im not asking about sources or comparisons. I know of 3 right now as of September 2016. TEVA, MYLAN, & QUALITEST. Am I missing any others? Im looking to try as many generics as I can for my own knowledge/experience.

P.S im not 100% where this post belong so please let me know thanks :)

So your looking for sources where you can buy drugs to try, but your not sourcing?

Sorry sourcing is not allowed on the site - why not check some of the 'benzo' threads where these are often discussed.

I wasn't sure what you were looking for yesterday when you asked but as your simply looking for a shopping list this thread will be removed.

im not shopping im asking for names of manufacturers

There are dozens of manufacturers of I various countries. Google diazepam and view images. Many of those are connected to websites that will have your answer. They give all identification info from the manufacturer to years made to color/imprints etc.

I know but i mean available in the united states and I have but i see actavis on there but actavis got bought out by teva so I dont know what's accurate, hence me asking the community here.

So your looking for sources where you can buy drugs to try, but your not sourcing? Why are you giving this man a hard time? He never mentioned anything at all about buying anything or sourcing, he had a legit question , for all you know he may want to try different generics at the pharmacy for his Rx refills to see which one works best for him. Whether some generics are better than others is true or not, it's not your business. Are you even an admin to say this?? Don't mean a dick but come on how literal you trying to be ?

Sorry sourcing is not allowed on the site - why not check some of the 'benzo' threads where these are often discussed.

I wasn't sure what you were looking for yesterday when you asked but as your simply looking for a shopping list this thread will be removed.
why are you giving this man a hard time? He never mentioned anything at all about buying drugs or sourcing as you call it, he had a legit question, for all you know he may want to try different generics to see which one works best for him....

I know but i mean available in the united states and I have but i see actavis on there but actavis got bought out by teva so I dont know what's accurate, hence me asking the community here.
I would figure it depends on where the pharmacy orders them from. I don't know what restrictions are in place for that but there are pharmacists here on BL. Just because it's manufactured in a different country doesn't mean it's off limits I would think-as long as they adhere to federal regulations. Just a guess though. If you call around my pharmacies tend to only carry the big name ones like Mallinckrodt, Qualitest, Actavis/Teva/Watson, etc. most likely because they meet standards, are closely monitored for quality control, readily available, pricing, and so on. Even brand name can be harder to find any more.

why are you giving this man a hard time? He never mentioned anything at all about buying drugs or sourcing as you call it, he had a legit question, for all you know he may want to try different generics to see which one works best for him....
Thats what im thinking How'd he become a mod but fails to read posts carefully, smh. Also THANK YOU because that's EXACTLY what im doing, finding which one works best for me so I then can inform my pharmacist.

I would figure it depends on where the pharmacy orders them from. I don't know what restrictions are in place for that but there are pharmacists here on BL. Just because it's manufactured in a different country doesn't mean it's off limits I would think-as long as they adhere to federal regulations. Just a guess though. If you call around my pharmacies tend to only carry the big name ones like Mallinckrodt, Qualitest, Actavis/Teva/Watson, etc. most likely because they meet standards, are closely monitored for quality control, readily available, pricing, and so on. Even brand name can be harder to find any more.
Ok but you missed my question im specifically asking about one medication and what pharm companies manufacture them and I'm just going to further reiterate so no mods think im "sourcing", Im just looking to find which one works best for ME and no im not "shopping" either, this info is for my pharmacist jeez

Last edited:
Generics of valium, and other popular benzos are always coming, and going.. sometimes changing, if another brand buy one out, then changes it to their specs. I always got the qualitest Vs when i had a script for valium, they were the best one to me! loved those blue bundles of awesomeness. I have tried the DAN ones before to, as well as mylan, which as usual they were awful! Mylan cant make any fucking benzo right!!! i have tried Xanax, klonopin, and valium by mylan, which were all terrible and gave me a headache, and felt like i took nothing... the DAN ones, not sure of the actual generic manufacturer who makes those DANs, but they worked okay, not as good as qualitest. Mylan, is the ONE brand everyone should steer clear of with different benzo medications, try not to get those..

Thats what im thinking How'd he become a mod but fails to read posts carefully

Because mods are volunteers and your thread is pointless.

Have you ever heard of GOOGLE. Try "valium generic brands." I found a list myself in 10 seconds but you can try Google yourself, it's good practice.

Here is where I get info on drugs that includes the manufacturer, pill identification info, inactive ingredients, etc.: https://www.drugs.com/diazepam-images.html You asked a question that requires research - most people don't know all manufacturers for any given drug (diazepam included) off the top of their heads, myself included despite my history with the drug even. Most people are only familiar with what their pharmacy carries and pharmacies carry what's most affordable as far as generics go. So if you're looking to test drive different generics you either call around for what's in stock or ask the pharmacy to special order it, and the pharmacy can tell you all the manufacturers they are capable of ordering from. Keep in mind that most doctors frown upon filling scripts from different pharmacies and some include it in their controlled substance contract that it is only filled from the pharmacy you specify. If your goal is to see which generic is best and you intend to ask the pharmacy to try a new one each month I'd suggest you start calling pharmacies to ask them how many manufacturers they work with then go from there.

Because mods are volunteers and your thread is pointless.

Have you ever heard of GOOGLE. Try "valium generic brands." I found a list myself in 10 seconds but you can try Google yourself, it's good practice.
My thread isnt pointless, thats just YOUR inferior opinion. Companies are constantly being bought out by others and drugs arnt my life but some people that are apart of this forum know far more about the affairs and ins & outs of them including current active generic pharm companies. So thats why I dont rely on google and for a mod you sure are a prick. Now if maybe a BL crewmember would like to weigh in on my "pointless" thread and maybe address your mods behavior toward new members im all ears

Here is where I get info on drugs that includes the manufacturer, pill identification info, inactive ingredients, etc.: https://www.drugs.com/diazepam-images.html You asked a question that requires research - most people don't know all manufacturers for any given drug (diazepam included) off the top of their heads, myself included despite my history with the drug even.
Yes I use this but there are companies such as barr and actavis (bought out by teva) in there and I think (watson as far as diazepam goes) listed there so not all the info is accurate i guess what i was hoping for was a response from someone experienced with the different generics of the medication

Generics of valium, and other popular benzos are always coming, and going.. sometimes changing, if another brand buy one out, then changes it to their specs. I always got the qualitest Vs when i had a script for valium, they were the best one to me! loved those blue bundles of awesomeness.
yessss. that was next on my hit list i really dont know whats left. Also thank you for pointing out drug companies buy out other drug companies a obvious fact that escaped +felonious Monk in his infinite sarcasm even though being a well versed member of this forum AND a mod he should have known.

Last edited:
Im one of the pharmacists. Actavis was indeed bought by Teva and they seem to be at the moment taking out redundant drugs that both produced, but there still is tons of stock of Actavis everything out there and not sure if Teva plans to completely elminate the Actavis name.

There really isnt a difference among the various manufacturers but I always say take whatever makes you happy. Im off next week but if I remember, I will go through my wholesalers database and write down the names of all the companies they carry (it wont be exhaustive but should have all the big ones).

Im one of the pharmacists. Actavis was indeed bought by Teva and they seem to be at the moment taking out redundant drugs that both produced, but there still is tons of stock of Actavis everything out there and not sure if Teva plans to completely elminate the Actavis name.

There really isnt a difference among the various manufacturers but I always say take whatever makes you happy. Im off next week but if I remember, I will go through my wholesalers database and write down the names of all the companies they carry (it wont be exhaustive but should have all the big ones).
Holy crap THANK YOU. you've always been nice and helpful on my posts. much obliged.

Last edited: