• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Diazepam dosing.

Speed King

Bluelighter
I'm picking up new script for Diazepam 10mg on 8/20. Would I do better to dose 30mg at once and ride the effects out the rest of the day or do 10mg X 3 times a day?

I'm picking up new script for Diazepam 10mg on 8/20. Would I do better to dose 30mg at once and ride the effects out the rest of the day or do 10mg X 3 times a day?
Depends what you're taking them for?

Personally, I've always found dosing in one go, ie 30mg at once, rather than 3 seperate 10mg doses feels more effective. But I'm sure your GP would disagree.

I sort of take Clonazepam that way, or close to it. I will try both ways. I haven't had Diazepam in years, but can somehow remember how it felt. Taking one dose, seemed to last a long time, but this was 10 years ago. I'll start at square one. Maybe drinking some wgfj will help a little! Taking for GAD and mood.

I sort of take Clonazepam that way, or close to it. I will try both ways. I haven't had Diazepam in years, but can somehow remember how it felt. Taking one dose, seemed to last a long time, but this was 10 years ago. I'll start at square one. Maybe drinking some wgfj will help a little! Taking for GAD and mood.
Yeah, it usually does last a long time. Well at least until you have built up a tolerance and then the active effects seem to shorten in duration, in my experience this is how it has worked. Initially a single 10mg dose of Diazepam on a Sunday night would still be affecting me by Wednesday (Albeit midly) Now nearly 7 Years later, a dose of Diazepmam only really ever has a very short lived noticeable effect, even after having complete tolerance breaks.

Btw, for your conditions I would take as prescribed ;)

For therapeutic effects take it three times a day. The long half life doesn't necessarily correlate with drug effect. Take flurazepam (dalmane) for example, a benzo hypnotic, it's half life is around 200 hours, But it's hypnotic effects don't last for ten days. Diazepam's effects last 6-8 hours. If you take 30mg all at once 8 hours later the effects will more or less have worn off.

Thanks for pointing that out. I'm going to start at 10mg so I can gauge it. Great insight.

I mean, you have a basic tolerance being on Temazepam, right? I remember seeing your post about how you were switching off of Clonazepam as well.

Keep in mind I told you in a PM that I had 10mg of Diazepam yesterday morning and slept for a good while. I take anywhere from 2-4mg, even up to 6mg of Clonazepam a day, with my tolerance, and that doesn't knock me out.

So all in all, be careful. You can always take more but you can never take less. Ya know what I mean? 10mg is a good starter dose but if you feel alright, go up to 20mg after a little bit. No telling what 30mg at once could do.

Good looking out. Update. I tried it both ways and I feel the 10 mg prn is better then 30mg at once. The fact that there are these nice active metabolites in there, I feel means greater flexibility in dosing.