• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Diazepam dose for flight?

Bootleg85

Greenlighter
if one where to have a 13 hour flight and possessed some 10mg diazepam tabs, would 20mg be a safe dose for a newbie? in regards to respiratory depression etc. If the aim where to sleep not necessarily get high (might not be unwanted though)

I would stick to a single 10, I'm a smaller person tho. Also most of my flights have changeovers in foreign international airports, these would be difficult if i was feeling intoxicated.
Benzos are magical because peripheral effects stick around longer than you feel them. You wont feel antsy or worried for many hours after taking a valium. They are quite long lasting even for a benzo.

Although the risk of respiratory depression even with 20mg extremely low I'd stick to 5-10mg which is the standard medical dose for this type of anxiety often given at this dose as an anti-anxiolitic before surgery.

Maybe start with 5 and if it hasn't done what you want from that then in an hour or so add another 5mg....

With no tolerance, if this hasnt reduced your anxiety then it probably isn't going to..I wouldn't go above 10mg

Although the risk of respiratory depression even with 20mg extremely low I'd stick to 5-10mg which is the standard medical dose for this type of anxiety often given at this dose as an anti-anxiolitic before surgery.

Maybe start with 5 and if it hasn't done what you want from that then in an hour or so add another 5mg....

With no tolerance, if this hasnt reduced your anxiety then it probably isn't going to..I wouldn't go above 10mg

This. I'm going to move this to BDD as it's a pretty standard dosage question.

5 mg to 10mg is a good dose for flying
take to much and you'll end up falling asleep on the flight
and dont add in any booze

i personally down a bunch of booze rather than take a benzo for flights lol

I took benzos for a flight to New York from Heathrow and ended up woking from my hotel room without knowing how I had managed go through the customs and to ride my rental car into hotel, check-in etc. stuff.

I hate being in an aluminium tube flying 880km/h at 30.000 feet without being able to control it at all. I'd rather fly it myself than enter one without any mind altering drugs. I know that next time flying will be either a relapse or a hell of a nighmare for me.

Take 5 or 10 mg at home some days before the flight if possible to see how it makes you feel. It would be hellish to have a paradoxical reaction 20000 feet in the air which is why you should test first.