• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

diazepam dosage

Basscaius

Greenlighter
I?ve never had any experience with diazepam, I took 6 of the 5mgs (30mg), and didn?t feel anything apart from abit of a slight drunk feeling, what would be the max dosage to not get me high

Benzodiazepine drugs like this are sedatives so the drunk feeling you got from it is to be expected. That's not really a small dose either for a novice. Just keep in mind we are a harm reduction forum and here to keep you safe, not help you to get high. If you took more then you would likely just go to sleep.

30mg of Diazepan and you did not feel anything? 8o
My God... you must have a kind of natural tolerance or something like that.
10mg are already remarkable for me and I have tried several benzodiazepines so I've tolerance.

DocLad

5mg was enough to give me a slight drunk feeling the first time, are you obese or something?

I?ve never had any experience with diazepam, I took 6 of the 5mgs (30mg), and didn?t feel anything apart from abit of a slight drunk feeling, what would be the max dosage to not get me high

You will experience more of that 'drunk feeling'. It effects everybody differently. I don't like opiates but I absolutely adore benzos. Some people disagree, and report different effects.

30mg aAcute Valium = a single 1.5-2mg Clonazepam dose, or a roughly equivalent dose of Alprazolam, or ~3 mg Lorazepam (depending on ROA)

30mg CHRONIC Valium may be a bit stronger, as Nordazepam builds in your system; a rough estimate (educated quess) would be 1-2mg Clonazepam (Chronic/Acute) 3-4 mg Lorazepam by mouth, ~20 mg Temazepam (15 -30 range, Chronic/ Acute again) or, well ~1.5mg Alrazolam :) Benzo conversions are difficult at best , most have similar effects, yet hit different subunits with varying affinity, and selectively; This is partly why some are better at treating pure anxiety, and others like Temazepam( or to an extent triazolam although it hits hard and fast and wearsQuicky) Clonazepam has unique effects which lend it multiple uses, nd it and Lorazepam are good anticonvulsants relative to many other Benzodiazepines. Valium is also a decent anticonvulsant thought has largely been superseded, by Ativan (Lorazepam) in acute situations, and Clonazepam post acute or with Chronic administration

Still, some(if not many) consider Valium to be tried nd true (it was the 2nd Benzodiazepine marketed, and was considered superior to it’s prodrug counterpart
/ Librium, slow to intermediate acting, vs Valium (DZP, a rapid acting medication w/ fast symptomatic relief, yet with Sub- with Sub-Chronic dosing wears off quickly, similar to Xanax (3-8hrs, dose dependent?)

Well, am getting off point a bit, however Benzodiazepines are subtle in general and Valium is relatively mild; they just don’t normally get you a traditional “high” as many Would? understand it; 30mg is a lot for a Novice, then Again, 1.5mg or so of Xanax would produce a less harsh “intoxicating” feeling in many. And no we are not here to go recklessly get you high, though this is open atm, so any other questions, ask away(or attempt to?) if it is closed, legit questions may be reposted or posed to myself or one of my esteemed colleagues ;)

Do you already have tolerances with other benzos? Perhaps that could affect the dosage you would need. However 30mg IS a lot, so be careful with whatever you do.
If this was a one-off and it didn't affect you because of certain one time circumstances, you could try at it again and be completely fucked.
Be careful!

I worded this wrongly, by not feeling much I mean I didn?t feel high(although I?ve never been high), I couldn?t walk properly and was stumbling all over the place( the first time with the 30mg dosage) but after the feedback I guess I can?t get high of them then?
I felt relaxed, a bit drowsy etc so I?m guessing that?s all I?m going to get then, so I won?t be able to get high?
Thanks everyone

Also I have no experiences of benzos, only dihydrocodiene(no idea what that is classed as my knowledge on this is very limited), once took 2 DHC 120mg slow release tablets and again didn?t get high only put me to sleep(first time dosage again)

I think it's often misconstrued that benzos get you "high."

Unlike painkillers or stimulants, benzos are a "fuck it, I don't care about anything" type of drug that dont really have a rush or too much of a buzz. Kind of like alcohol. I think a lot of the time you have to know what to look for to enjoy it

Then again, they might just not be your "thing."

Regardless, try not to dose high, and be safe.

One quick thing I would mention, although I'm not too sure how it may apply in the OP's case is that Valium is known for having a very long half-life. In other words, it takes a long time for your body to clear the drug from your system. Good luck though!

You will experience more of that 'drunk feeling'. It effects everybody differently. I don't like opiates but I absolutely adore benzos. Some people disagree, and report different effects.

Yeah, you know everyone's brains are different, I dont know if you've done other benzos and loved the effect, but if your new to them, it may not be the "high" your wanting, the effects may not phase you much, and then the more you take, your wont feel something different, but just stronger of what you've already felt. I love the unique benzo feeling, more than alcohol or opiates(mostly). But you could try Xanax, it has more of a heady feeling to it. also more of a rush in my experience. But things like Xanax have short half life, and so doing a lot is like being an alcoholic in which you are applying the potential of lethal withdrawals.