• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Diazepam and Oxycodone

Michael_25

Bluelighter
9 hours ago I took 75 mg of diazepam (I have a tolerance). Now, 9 hours later, I want to take my standard 25 mg dose of oxy. Is this safe? I'm just asking because of diazepam's long half-life. So while I may not feel the diazepam anymore it still may be in my system. But, is a 9 hour break enough? Thanks!

Hey Michael, in the future, it would be best for you to state above and beyond "I have a tolerance". Try and tell us more or less what your daily intake is so we can better advise you. For those observing this thread, Diazepam (Valium) converts to Clonazepam (Klonopin) and/or Alprazolam (Xanax) at a rate of 10mg = .5mg. I state this because it's it's often easier for people to understand in these terms.

75mg Diazepam is no joke, of course, but if you have a tolerance, than a small dose of an Opioid is not likely to be lethal. Safety first, but I you should be fine if you're tolerance is large like you say.

Thanks for the reply, Keif'. I don't take diazepam daily. I've been prescribed it from my psychiatrist since 2012. I do NOT take it daily. Obviously, I've built a tolerance. I took 75 mg because I had a job interview today. To get to sleep I generally need 100+ mg at night. I'm just worried that it's got such a long half-life that taking the regular oxy dose will result in a lethal OD. But I can function fine in society on 75 mg -- it does not knock me out. I'm prescribed 70 5mg tablets a month, 10 to 15 mg a day PRN. But I don't take it daily. 15 mg of diazepam does NOTHING to me anymore. The 70 tablets I'm prescribed last me for four separate doses. So, do you think it's safe to take the oxy (25 mg is my normal dose to get high)?

Most likely. But it is very hard to make decisions like this over the internet. It's honestly surprising that you're not a daily user considering the dosages you're toying with. I'm a heavyweight like you, but even I would probably be intoxicated to a noticeable degree at that dosage, too intoxicated for a job interview, that is.

Most likely. But it is very hard to make decisions like this over the internet. It's honestly surprising that you're not a daily user considering the dosages you're toying with. I'm a heavyweight like you, but even I would probably be intoxicated to a noticeable degree at that dosage, too intoxicated for a job interview, that is.
Sorry, most likely what? Yes, it is strange. I have not developed a physical dependence on benzos for some reason. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I might wait another hour and then take my oxy. Btw, the job interview went fine -- I was cool, calm and collected. And had all the right answers to the interviewer's questions. I highly doubt I appeared intoxicated.

Sorry, most likely what? Yes, it is strange. I have not developed a physical dependence on benzos for some reason. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I might wait another hour and then take my oxy. Btw, the job interview went fine -- I was cool, calm and collected. And had all the right answers to the interviewer's questions. I highly doubt I appeared intoxicated.

I apologize, the "most likely" was in reference to the concluding question of your post. I also have a crazy-high tolerance for a lot of drugs. Not just Opioids, but Benzodiazepines, Alcohol, Barbiturates etc. The only thing that seem to affect me at a semi-normal level are Amphetamines.

I agree with Keif. I'm prescribed Klonopin (1 mg every 6 hours). I have a tolerance and a dependence to Klonopin but don't abuse it.

I'm also prescribed Percocet 10 mg (every 4-6 hrs).

Just make sure not to drink alcohol.

Take care.

75mg of diazepam is a massive dose i would try an taper down slowly to avoid using daily.