• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Diazepam and it being hit and miss

justme6263

Bluelighter
Hello everyone,

I have taken diazepam at various points over my adult life, always reliable prescription which is from a family members script. When I first took it I thought it was amazing and felt a high, I know some think it’s impossible, and just felt so chilled out and relaxed.

This was pretty much the same my whole life until I got a legit pox of 28x10mg diazepam from a family member who gets prescribed but doesn’t use, to hadn’t taken any benzos is for about two years at this point so I went for 40mg and felt nothing beyond the anxiety I have daily dissipate, now that’s not bad but it wasn’t the high I am used to from these. Don’t get me wrong I loved that anxiety leaving and worries being nonexistent but… I wanted more. Over the past week I’ve upped and not felt anything until I reached 70mg and just ended up sleeping.

Any idea why this change might have happened?

Yes it's a weird thing diazepam is possibly the only benzo that gives me euphoria comparable to alcohol.

But just like with alcohol it's a hit and miss thing.

We're not here to tell you how to get high but cannabis is a good and safe way to enhance the whole experience imo

IME benzos aren't really pleasurable (simply sedating/anxiolytic) unless you mix them with other drugs. Alcohol isn't one to be mixed, I never notice how drunk I am when I do, but opioids and cannabis mix blissfully. Also great on high doses of psychedelics.

Care must be taken if mixing with opioids/other downers though, can easily lead to overdoses in non-tolerant users.

IME benzos aren't really pleasurable (simply sedating/anxiolytic) unless you mix them with other drugs.
I fully agree. When i was completely sober i didn't see a point in using benzos. Now on daily buprenorphine benzos are far more pleasurable than they used to be. Diazepam is also one of my favorites. I like it as much as i do like alprazolam despite them being different (generally they're no that different but among benzos they are).

Benzos are not an effect that I would call "high." It's like an alcohol buzz to a degree. Sometimes people are waiting for some euphoric rush like opiates and they are just not being delivered a "there it is!" effect in that fashion.

Sometimes benzos hit like a god damn brick and other times I feel sober (but act like a toddler and very stupid to the not high folks). I'll even slur my speech A LOT and literally not be able to tell at the time (which is weird lol). Anxiety levels also shift as they do for any person ever. Sometimes benzos are a good bandaid for a wave of anxiety but then the anxiety is MUCH stronger than the user realizes, which in turn would require more benzo dosage for that situation. Just do not develop a withdrawal if possible anyone reading this. Benzo withdrawal is notoriously worse than opiate withdrawal, and to me opie kicks is the worst feeling I know.

I have a feeling that for all, tolerance is not just about your doses and time of use. The body metabolism shifts naturally and at random. You may even find the substance to work very well again soon. I can't explain that myself but notice that happening to me a lot over the years. However with diazepam I find it to be difficult to realize when the effects are active because with stimulants and etcetera I'm always aware when my brain gets walloped by the doses that do not even have to be that significant. Some weeks in the past with other drugs I've been at high doses not feeling anything much of what I wanted to, only to be at lower doses next week and have effects stronger than the previous ineffective substance use week.

Hello everyone,

I have taken diazepam at various points over my adult life, always reliable prescription which is from a family members script. When I first took it I thought it was amazing and felt a high, I know some think it’s impossible, and just felt so chilled out and relaxed.

This was pretty much the same my whole life until I got a legit pox of 28x10mg diazepam from a family member who gets prescribed but doesn’t use, to hadn’t taken any benzos is for about two years at this point so I went for 40mg and felt nothing beyond the anxiety I have daily dissipate, now that’s not bad but it wasn’t the high I am used to from these. Don’t get me wrong I loved that anxiety leaving and worries being nonexistent but… I wanted more. Over the past week I’ve upped and not felt anything until I reached 70mg and just ended up sleeping.

Any idea why this change might have happened?

That's just how diazepam is. It's the only benzo that has given me a real high, with muscle relaxation and euphoria. However, I only got that high from it a few times and it was not predictable. SOmetimes I'd take it and just feel sedated, other times I would get high. Once I got a serious benzo tolerance I was never able to get high from it again.

One think I hate about diaz (and benzos in general) As reported above (just adding weight), sometimes i get a nice buzz, contentedness, relaxed, happy. Others literally nothing but a bit wobbly legged and subconsciously impaired. No overt psychoativity

Weirdly this is not dose dependent. Have had the nice effect in 6mg before. Have had the zero effect on 20-30mg before

Always wondered if others had the same experience with it.

Definitely combined with weed or ONE TO THREE drinks i always feel it