• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Diazepam and Alcohol

flamegli

Greenlighter
Hi All

I'm aware the half-life of Diazepam is long. Just wondering at what time frame is it safe to consume alcohol after taking 10mg Valium?

Would it be safe to consume the equivalent of 6 standard drinks around 6 hours after oral consumption of 10mg diazepam?

Cheers for any info

I would think so. I've done it plenty. Just don't take anymore or drink to much.

No, it is not safe.
We all have mixed benzos and alcohol with no negative outcomes sometimes, but other times, you can be having a nice time drinking at the pub, then some dude annoys you for wathever reason and your reaction can be very wild. You can also behave weirdly with your own mates.
Booze +benzos often lead to massive regrets.

Safe isn't the right word. It is never safe to mix benzos and alcohol. Depending on your tolerance, body weight, how tired you are and what you plan on doing...there's a chance you might get too fucked up and pass out or do something you regret. The diazepam will still be in your system even if you feel likes it's worn off. And the alcohol will have a more intense effect.

That being said, if you are just going to be hanging out somewhere and not driving or watching any children or anything like that, you will probably be ok. Just be aware of you mental state and be careful. If you are going out odds of something bad happening go way up. Everyone has a benzo/alc horror story.

Thanks for the replies. Definitely don't want to end up blacking out or doing something stupid.

How would a lesser dosage of valium effect things? Say 5mg?

Alternatively, at what time frame does it become safe to drink after taking valium?