• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Diazepam 3 days (withdrawal?)

CrayVr

Greenlighter
So long story short, i was put on anti-depressants for 2 years and then with mutual agreement with my psychiatrist decided to stop using it.
I was taking 75 mg effexor and cold turkey'd as i had done with another anti-depressant years ago. I did this cause although the suffering will be greater, the withdrawal time will be significantly shorter (and besides i was not at such a high dose)

So where i live (Scandinavia) the doctors only shove anti-depressants up your throat, and when you are suffering from withdrawals they dont prescribe anything to help you out with it even when you ask them.
For example i said i was feeling nauseas and asked if there was anything he ( my psychiatrist) could prescribe me momentarily, in which he replied (in basic words) "Nope, your nausea is comming from drug withdrawals so there is nothing that i can prescribe to help you with that kind of nausea) - What a fucking bullshit useless incompetent fool i thought. They shove this piece of shit anti-deps on my throat and then cant even prescribe something to help me cope with the withdrawals.

Anyhow, nausea obviously was not the only symptom i felt, anxiety was another and brain zaps etc etc.

So i decided to take what i had taken the first time i stopped anti-depressants (years ago) and that was Benadryl. It helped allot with the brain zaps and nausea that time and it helped me this time as well.
Problem is my withdrawals lasted way too long. Im talking about taking relatively high doses of benadryl for 6 weeks (100mg) a day, and i was taking 1-2 8mg pills every day for 2 years before that as well for my allergies.

Well i found out that fucking benadryls can give you withdrawals too, so i thought, shit this is all too much, and decided to get a batch of 30 - 10 mg pharmaceutical diazepam pills from the web, since my own doctors are incompetent fools. I stopped taking benadryl and the first day i took diazepam i took 50 mg ! Allot because i couldn't feel a thing i thought. Then the second day i woke up i felt fucked and knew i had taken too much, but the diazepam felt so short lasting that i continued taking 50 mg during the second and third day (not all at once of course.)

Originally i had told myself i would take it for a week but then i read all these horror stories where people would get hooked on them even if they took it for a week, so I decided i wanted to stop taking the diazepam now cause holy shit i dont want to feel withdrawals from that, i'm already dealing with anti-dep withdrawals (not all of it is gone) and also benadryl withdrawal (believe you me, they exist)
So my question is this. Now that i have stopped taking diazepam i am getting some headaches and nausea and insomnia (insomnia i had before i took them as well)
Is this because of the diazepam, or is it because 3 days wasn't enough to rid of the benadryl withdrawals? I really thought i wouldnt get diazepam withdrawals if it were just for 3 days, but i accept that i took relatively high doses so maybe its a possibility that i am?

Any help would be appreciated.
Cray

Believe me i know benadryl withdrawals are real, i withdrew off a 200-250mg a day for a few weeks straight habit. It was pretty miserable but i think it subsided after a week. I doubt you're feeling diazepam withdrawals, it's probably the benadryl and/or antidepressant withdrawals.

Just tough it out because benzos are bad news. Either that or take low doses of the benzo ONLY during the worst stages of withdrawals and only to get sleep. You could also try tapering the benadryl, that would probably be much more bearable.

I wish i had something more helpful to say but i've never been through antidep withdrawals and i don't know how to ease benadryl withdrawals aside from a taper. Good luck

Thanks for the advice - I think you are more helpful then you believe (especially in comparison to my incompetent psych.)
I haven't slept at all today, it's 6:15 am where i am atm.
One question that?s bugging my mind though.. I took 150mg of diazepam in 3 days - And i have never taken benzos before? I have read that it is an incredible high dose for someone with no tolerance.
Correct me if i am wrong, but it seems like you believe that no matter the 'dose' the fact that i only took it for 3 days should not cause withdrawals?

BTW as i am typing this, the nausea has sub-sided slightly - Still a bit of headache and gastro problems but main issue is insomnia and fatigue so i hope the light at the end of the tunnel is close.
Appreciate your advice and thank you for your sympathy.

Yeah i don't believe 3 days is enough to cause tolerance and withdrawal especially since you've never used benzos before. You are probably feeling rebound effects from heavy benzo use which is different then withdrawals, not physically dangerous, and should wear off within the next couple days.

I can't say for sure what symptoms are being caused by what drug since you seem to have a lot going on right now.

Try to use as few drugs as possible and this will be over quicker, hope you feel better soon.

Ok - Got it - Thanks.
Probs. just the benadryl withdrawal i have to wait a week or two to kick.