• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Diamorphine ampoules question!

GarageFlower

Bluelighter
Hello bluelighters, I need some advice.

I've come across some diamorphine ampoules.

They're 10mg in powder form diamorphine HCl for injection.

I have 5 ampoules. My tolerance is high and I'm on 60mg of methadone a day normally bags of heroin don't do much to me if anything. I need like 3 bags to get anywhere near a nod.

How much diamorphine would I need to be IVing? What about other ROA's? Snorting or plugging or SC etc.

Thanks in advance.

i've no experience with these at all so please hold fire until someone with a more comprehensive knowledge chimes in but please remember these are like nothing you've had on the streets - they're totally pure and really quite deadly, if you're going to take them only use a fraction of your normal dose.

also i believe they are actually quite safe for IM injections judging by an article i read a few days ago due to their lack of impurities.
be safe.

This is one of those pesky "impossible" questions that are really important, but any answer given is bound to be fairly dubious. We really have no idea how pure your Heroin is. A commonly cited estimate of street purity is around 35%. You can start here and use it as a very rough, approximate reference point. You can probably assume that the ampoules of pure Diamorphine are going to be at least as twice as strong as the Heroin you're using, unless you're getting really good shit.

You're probably going to need to do all 5 ampoules to get where you want to be, but again, this is just an estimate.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Yeah I've no idea how pure, or probably impure, the heroin I'm using is. I mean some of my mate do get a good nod and rush from one bag but my tolerance is really high and and I don't get anywhere near a nod from one bag IV'd.

My veins are pretty much knackered and it's hard to find one at the moment, I've even been in my feet which I don't like doing with Street H incase it misses and because I don't get much from it I don't think it's worth it so I've been laying off IVing recently but I would like to IV this pure pharmaceutical diamorphine as I don't think I'll ever come across these again. My mate got them from someone who was in palliative care who has sadly passed away now.

Obviously IV would be the best route I'm just scared I can't find a good vein. What about snorting them. Would I feel it with my tolerance? I'm interested in hearing more about IM or SC administration.

Thanks guys

I also have Midazolam ampoules, the are 10mg but they are in liquid form. It says on the label not to drink them, I don't know if this is just to dissuade you from doing so? What RoA would be best for these?

They are Hypnovel 10mg/2ml ampoules.

I would like to know how best to use them and if they're worth IVing. Like I said it is quite tricky for me to find good veins so I'm open to other ROA's

It's perfectly safe to take these intramuscularly if intravenous isn't feasible. If they truly are pharmaceutical Diamorphine then they should be completely sterile and viable by any parenteral or injection route, including Subcutaneous (under the skin), which really isn't suitable for your needs as it yields a protracted onset and duration, unless that's what you want. I'm sure there are more concise instructions somewhere on the internet, but IM is practically idiot-proof.

Prepare your shot just like you normally would. The less fluid the better for this route, but make sure you have an actual solution. Find a large muscle and grab it with your hand and feel around so you can identify just where it is. In medicine, the commonly use the Deltoid muscle to administer things like vaccines among others. I don't know if this is advisable, but I've always used my Biceps. They are easy to grab and identify, fairly robust and hidden from view; IM injections almost inevitably leave some kind of miniscule bruise or irritation.

I have almost completely switched over to this route. I still have veins too. One day I was in a public bathroom before work, sick and shaky, probably dehydrated and I couldn't find a vein. I said what the hell, grabbed my bicep and did the shot. I was surprised because I felt it come on with 1.5 minutes tops. I'd say 90% of effects hit within 5 minutes, with a small but steady increase to 100% up to like the 10 - 15 minute mark. Everything I had read had indicated it would take much longer. From that point on I just started sporadically going IM because it was easier and faster. Now I do it every time. I practice good hygiene. I was the area with soap and water, then alcohol, new rig etc. There are still risks, but it's up to you to minimize them.

So you're really not giving up much by going the IM route. Sure, you don't get the same rush, but once you hit that 1.5 minute mark, I really don't think you'll give a fuck. I didn't. Also, you don't have to sacrifice the bioavailability percentage that you would if you went for another route like insufflation.

As far as the Midazolam (Versed) goes, they are going to be best by the IV route, just like the Diamorphine, but just like the Diamorphine, going the IM route will probably be pretty intense and powerful in its own right. I've had about 20 surgeries in my life, give or take, and Midazolam is pretty much a given before any operation, like 15 minutes before they induce anesthesia and begin operating. Like you might expect, IV Midazolam is unlike any other Benzodiazepine that you would take orally. It's a pretty cool buzz. It gives me the same warm blanket feeling Opioids do to a certain extent. But, I'm sure IM'ing them would be powerful enough to give you a good buzz.

Be careful if you intend to combine the Midazolam and the Diamorphine. I understand you have a decent tolerance between the Methadone and the occasional street Heroin use, so you probably would be alright. 5mg of Midazolam is what I would typically get (I asked) and that's enough to get the warm, floaty, nice feeling I was telling you about. One time, about 2 minutes before they gave me the gas and put me out, they gave me another 5mg and I went totally goofy and was laughing my ass off.

I would probably be prepared to sacrifice the rush from IVing if the IM route is going to give me a good feeling after 1 or 2 minutes. My veins are pretty much knackered so it will be hard for me to find a good one to get a clean IV I'd probably have to go in my foot which is a ballache so the IM route probs would be easier. Damn I wish I still had some good veins for this diamorphine :(

If it did miss the vein then would it just end up as an SC shot?

I've had multiple surgeries too, however I don't know if I'd had IV versed before the propofol infusion. I've had IV and rectal diazepam for seizures...would rectal be a feasible route for the midazolam?

Yes I will be careful combining the two, I do practice harm reduction and do everything as safe as it really can be.

I may just try to find a vein for the diamorphine and if all fails then just so it SC or IM. Hopefully it ahould be okay even if it misses because there sterile vials and I always use fresh rigs etc and alcohol swabs. Like I said I just don't really rate IV stret Heroin any more because it's so hard to find a vein and it's not really worth it as the gears so shit and I don't get much from it and if i miss then I end up with a lump/bruise or whatever.

I will be doing this tomorrow so I might have some more questions when it actually comes down to doing it.

No, missing a shot is completely different than doing an SC or IM injection. Essentially, the reason SC and IM are effective routes of administration is because these areas both have adequate blood flow. The subcutis, the layer of skin in which you would inject and the muscles of the body both require blood flow to function properly. This blood flow is what will introduce the drugs into your circulatory system and eventually your brain.

If you're going for a vein, below the skin and not in a muscle and you miss, it's different. The same essential process will take place, but it will happen at a much slower rate. A rate so slow, that the actual levels of the drug in your body will probably not even reach a perceptible level. A missed shot is pretty much a wasted shot.

No, missing a shot is completely different than doing an SC or IM injection. Essentially, the reason SC and IM are effective routes of administration is because these areas both have adequate blood flow. The subcutis, the layer of skin in which you would inject and the muscles of the body both require blood flow to function properly. This blood flow is what will introduce the drugs into your circulatory system and eventually your brain.

If you're going for a vein, below the skin and not in a muscle and you miss, it's different. The same essential process will take place, but it will happen at a much slower rate. A rate so slow, that the actual levels of the drug in your body will probably not even reach a perceptible level. A missed shot is pretty much a wasted shot.

At the moment I only have 1ml fixed syringes as I'm just used to going the IV route when I inject.

What barrels and needles would I need for IM?

Thanks.

You can use the same syringe that you use to inject IV. I'm assuming that you're working with your standard 1cc insulin syringe. The more important factor is the length of the needle itself. IM can be done with short tips, but it really should be done with regular long tips. Other than that, the equipment and procedure is exactly the same.

Yeah, either the insulin syringes or the drug exchange has those coloured NeverShare syringes (don't know if you're from the UK, if so you'll know the ones) they're the same, the might me one gauge smaller than the insulin pims as they're designed for IV drug use.

They're both more or less the same though, apples and oranges.

I'm going to an appointment with the the drug team this morning so I'll be able to go in the exchange whilst I'm there sobif there are better needles to pick up for IM I'll grab a few. I know there are green ones and blue ones, but I wouldn't know which to use. I know people use them for steroids and for hitting deep veins like the femoral, but I haven't done either.

Yeah, either the insulin syringes or the drug exchange has those coloured NeverShare syringes (don't know if you're from the UK, if so you'll know the ones) they're the same, the might me one gauge smaller than the insulin pims as they're designed for IV drug use.

They're both more or less the same though, apples and oranges.

I'm going to an appointment with the the drug team this morning so I'll be able to go in the exchange whilst I'm there sobif there are better needles to pick up for IM I'll grab a few. I know there are green ones and blue ones, but I wouldn't know which to use. I know people use them for steroids and for hitting deep veins like the femoral, but I haven't done either.

They certainly do have needles that are designed for the purpose of IM injection. They're usually a little bit more robust than the ones used for IV or SC. There is a legitimate worry of having a needle break off inside your body, but this really shouldn't happen if you're paying attention and not moving wildly. I still use the smaller guage needles just like I would use for IV. If they work and I can actually minimize the size of the puncture, I feel like it's the good thing to do. Don't complicate things. Get the same rigs you always get. Just make sure they have long (regular/not short) tips. It is a little more difficult for obvious reasons to hit muscles with short tips.

I've just IVd a full ampoule, so 10mg of the diamorphine.

Didn't get much of a rush from it if any, feel a little afterglow. Just wanted to start small like.

I've heard that the pure ampoules lack some of the metabolites of the street stuff therefore have a diff feeling is that true? Wish I'd have done two now.

Luckily I've been resting my veins for a couple of weeks so wasn't too much fucking about.

UPDATE: Have got 5 of the midazolam amps which are 10mg/2ml so I think I'll IM those. However It does say rectal on the box though but I'm unsure if the BA this way. If anyone's got any experience I'd be glad to hear.

Thanks guys.