DHT too low?

TrenE

Bluelighter
Hello,

Could you please tell me if my dht is untypical low?

500mg test
test 28 ng/ml (3.5-9)
estradiol 100pg/ml (<44)
dht 0.7ng/ml (0.16-1.1)

500mg test + 12,5mg e3d exemestane (blood work was done on the day when it was time to take exemestane)
test >10 ng/ml (3.5-9) next time I have to tell the laboratory to dilute for exact measurement
estradiol 50 pg/ml (<44)
dht 0.8ng/ml (0.16-1.1)

Shouldn't dht be higher and out of reference as I am on 500mg test?

Found a study regarding this issue. If you look on the diagram dht is at approx. at 0.7ng/ml on 300mg test and at 2.0ng/ml on 600mg test.

andr12392-fig-0001-m.jpg

Effects of testosterone administration (and its 5‐alpha‐reduction) on parenchymal organ volumes in healthy young men: findings from a dose‐response trial

Thank you.

It's low compared to the dose you're at but it's in range which should be fine if you're not having any issues. Ideally you want to keep dht in range to minimize side effects

Thanks for your answer.

I believe that my dht values play an important role regarding my lowered libido.

Maybe beacuse my body got used to higher dht values by higher dosage cycles. Maybe because 5-alpha-reductase is inhibited by past AAS especially trenbonolone or nandrolone usage. I am asking me if increasing testosterone would increase dht in my case or if 5-alpha-reductase is already limited. I want to get sure how my libido is related to different dht values. I will keep you updated.

Use a dht derivative to artificially elevate the number. Masteron, Winstrol, etc can give you an idea if any symptoms you are experiencing are dht related

Why isn't your Estradiol Bolded/Indicated as a tad High?
If you decrease the activity on the Aromatase pathway, you increase the 5AR metabolism which will inevitably increase your DHT.
5-alpha-reductase activity increases in males as they age. If you're getting good wood and your drive is high, why worry about tweaking it to perceived perfection?
The best of both worlds would be to have enough for sexual prowess but mitigate DHT's effect on Balding, prostate hypertrophy/ hyperplasia and less stress on the Cardiac system

It's genetic for the Most part.My DHT is 20-50% above the highest parameter, regardless if I'm on 100mgs/week of Test cyp or 300, 500 etc..Also even though my Wood and Libido was suffering at times taking 1-2.5 mgs of proscar when it first came out ~ circa 1995, My DHT was still above normal! So there's most likely other mechanism of actions at play whilst on Proscar/propecia