• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids DHC - Sleepiness for DAYS after taking DHC with Soma?

Bleaney

Bluelighter
If I have just one recreational afternoon and evening on dihydrocodeine and Soma (Carisprodol) I get hit by waves of heavy sleepiness for days after, that are difficult to fight. It's not a constant thing, just a number of waves of sleepiness per day lasting 30-60 minutes. The morning after is the most severe and then the sleepiness gradually reduces over the next maybe 5-6 days.

I'm trying to figure out what is going on because I don't even take that much. Maybe 90 mg of DHC and 750 mg of Soma on dose 1, and then 3-4 hours later re-dose increasing the DHC to 120mg + 750 mg of Soma again. Dose 3 maybe 120-150 of DHC +Soma again.

I combine with Soma because I have found that this combo works for me and enhances the DHC and allows me to feel the buzz much more. I don't feel sleepy at the time unless I overdo the Soma, DHC is quite stimmy at the time. I sleep at night after using this combo, but would need an extra 1mg of benzos to get to sleep. The benzos aren't the issue because taking extra benzos doesn't normally have this effect on me.

Does anyone else get this?

If not, maybe it's because I'm still metabolising things up to 5-6 days later? Is this a thing? Or, maybe it's because I'm also on Mirtazapine and also frequently use 1-2mg of Benzos?

But it's so strange because the benzos and Mirtazapine never make me feel sleepy otherwise during the day at the doses I have been using.

Maybe it's the combination of all 4 things. I don't know, but it's making it difficult to fit taking DHC and Soma into my life. I guess that's not a bad thing. I've done the rounds with opis before, dabbling and more, but can't remember them having that effect for days after previously.

I may try again this weekend with just 1 dose of 120 mg of DHC and 750 mg Soma. These are relatively low doses and if the same thing happens again then I probably won't be acquiring any more at this time.

Last edited:
Have you tried pregabalin. I would substitute for soma and see what happens. Im sure you will love. And you wont have to redose. One dose of 300-600 pregabalin with 120-150 dhc
And you will be bliss.Im sure.Its a safe drug in309-600mg

Have you tried pregabalin. I would substitute for soma and see what happens. Im sure you will love. And you wont have to redose. One dose of 300-600 pregabalin with 120-150 dhc
I can't remember trying pregabalin with DHC. I'm not sure if I have tried the combo and forgotten what the result was.

Anyway, I'll give it a go and see what happens.

You don't know if Lyrica is a a safe drug and shouldn't be telling people to take the maximum dose especially with opiates added.

You don't know if Lyrica is a a safe drug and shouldn't be telling people to take the maximum dose especially with opiates added.
I've used Pregabalin a fair bit in the past. I've already found out that I don't like it above 150mg as it makes me feel more anxious. If I do try this combo tonight I will probably have 125mg of Pregabalin with the DHC..

If I have just one recreational afternoon and evening on dihydrocodeine and Soma (Carisprodol) I get hit by waves of heavy sleepiness for days after, that are difficult to fight. It's not a constant thing, just a number of waves of sleepiness per day lasting 30-60 minutes. The morning after is the most severe and then the sleepiness gradually reduces over the next maybe 5-6 days.

I'm trying to figure out what is going on because I don't even take that much. Maybe 90 mg of DHC and 750 mg of Soma on dose 1, and then 3-4 hours later re-dose increasing the DHC to 120mg + 750 mg of Soma again. Dose 3 maybe 120-150 of DHC +Soma again.

I combine with Soma because I have found that this combo works for me and enhances the DHC and allows me to feel the buzz much more. I don't feel sleepy at the time unless I overdo the Soma, DHC is quite stimmy at the time. I sleep at night after using this combo, but would need an extra 1mg of benzos to get to sleep. The benzos aren't the issue because taking extra benzos doesn't normally have this effect on me.

Does anyone else get this?

If not, maybe it's because I'm still metabolising things up to 5-6 days later? Is this a thing? Or, maybe it's because I'm also on Mirtazapine and also frequently use 1-2mg of Benzos?

But it's so strange because the benzos and Mirtazapine never make me feel sleepy otherwise during the day at the doses I have been using.

Maybe it's the combination of all 4 things. I don't know, but it's making it difficult to fit taking DHC and Soma into my life. I guess that's not a bad thing. I've done the rounds with opis before, dabbling and more, but can't remember them having that effect for days after previously.

I may try again this weekend with just 1 dose of 120 mg of DHC and 750 mg Soma. These are relatively low doses and if the same thing happens again then I probably won't be acquiring any more at this time.
I take 250mg of soma with opiates but anymore than that I feel a little sloppy walking and talking ,taking a nap in the afternoon is common when I take them so the big doses you take would be my guess

I take 250mg of soma with opiates but anymore than that I feel a little sloppy walking and talking ,taking a nap in the afternoon is common when I take them so the big doses you take would be my guess
You might be right. I seem to need that much though to be able to feel the improvement in the opi buzz. I like the synergy and the swimmy headiness. But the tiredeness for so long afterwards makes it not really worth it. Maybe if I just did one dose rather than 3 doses per session that might help. That's something else I could try next time.

I've decided to have 100mg of pregabalin this time with 120 mg of DHC and no re-dosing and see how that goes.

I didnt recommend him to take a high dose of lyrica and neither with opiates. Dhcodeine its a soft opioid. And yes dont know IT is a safe drug but doctors are prescribing Lyrica massively.Im taking a low dose every day since 2020 and sometimes taking a 600mg dose. I dont think is dangerous for him due he have opioid tolerance. I ve bien reading lots of posts and lots of people are recommending to take drugs. I dont think this is a bad thing. I would never recommend a drug if I havent tried myself. Well I will be caotious and prudent when suggesting drugs.
LOTS OF LOVE AND GOOD VIBES

I've used Pregabalin a fair bit in the past. I've already found out that I don't like it above 150mg as it makes me feel more anxious. If I do try this combo tonight I will probably have 125mg of Pregabalin with the DHC..
It made me extremely anxious and I wasn't expecting that reaction. It sucked .That and other things is why I try not to tell people to take medication that could cause a bad reaction
I don't think it's od scary just some people have the opposite reaction.

You might be right. I seem to need that much though to be able to feel the improvement in the opi buzz. I like the synergy and the swimmy headiness. But the tiredeness for so long afterwards makes it not really worth it. Maybe if I just did one dose rather than 3 doses per session that might help. That's something else I could try next time.

I've decided to have 100mg of pregabalin this time with 120 mg of DHC and no re-dosing and see how that goes.
Hi @Bleaney
Could you tell us how Was your experience with pregabalin and dhc?
Im thinking about what you Said about the tiredeness that you feel is produced by the opiates.
Could you tell us what soma contains? I search it in google and it seems to be a mix of aspirin with codeine or cafeine. Soma would enhance dhc .I think its probable that you metabolize this drugs slowly and the effects are lasting a couple of days after your last dose.Its my theory so maybe Im wrong.
I have to say that I never heard this before.

Hi Kongoman,

The pregabalin went OK with the DHC, but I don't think it went as well as Soma does for me. I went out to a gig and it was OK, but I think the Soma would have been better. Next time I'll try Soma.

My theory at the moment is that it's possibly the re-dosing 3 times that is causing the issue for me, because it means the accumulation of quite a big total daily dose. Maybe my liver and kidneys are having to work extra hard over the next few days to metabolize or clear all this stuff that it's not used to. And that's why it's making me feel tired and sleepy. I still don't get the waves thing though, it would make more sense if it's constant. There's a lot about all of this I don't really undertsand.

BTW I split 1 x 500mg Soma pill into 2 halves when I got home, I didn't feel that much off the first dose, just a bit of mood lift and more laughter. THe 2nd half put me to sleep. It was late by then and I'd been quite low energy yesterday.

I don't think my doses of Soma are all that high, seeing as the standard pills can be either 500 or 350 mg. The sweet spot for me, when combined with DHC is usually 1.5 standard 500mg Soma pills.

A bit more about Soma (Carisoprodol) from wikipedia below. Not everyone knows of it or uses it, but it can be an enjoyable downer in combos. I don't think it contains anything except Carisoprodol and maybe binders. It is it's own thing.

The interaction of carisoprodol with essentially all opioids, and other centrally acting analgesics, but especially codeine, those of the codeine-derived subgroup of the semisynthetic class (ethylmorphine, dihydrocodeine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, nicocodeine, benzylmorphine, the various acetylated codeine derivatives including acetyldihydrocodeine, dihydroisocodeine, nicodicodeine and others) which allows the use of a smaller dose of the opioid to have a given effect, is useful in general and especially where skeletal muscle injury and/or spasm is a large part of the problem. The potentiation effect is also useful in other pain situations and is also especially useful with opioids of the open-chain class, such as methadone, levomethadone, ketobemidone, phenadoxone and others

Side effects - The usual dose of 350 mg is unlikely to engender prominent side effects other than somnolence, and mild to significant euphoria (especially when combined with DHC added by Bleaney!) or dysphoria, but the euphoria is generally short-lived due to the fast metabolism of carisoprodol into meprobamate and other metabolites; the euphoria derived is, according to new research[citation needed], most likely due to carisoprodol's inherent, potent anxiolytic effects that are far stronger than those produced by its primary metabolite, meprobamate, which is often misblamed for the drug-seeking associated with carisoprodol, as carisoprodol itself is responsible for the significantly more intense central nervous system effects than meprobamate alone. Carisoprodol has a qualitatively different set of effects to that of meprobamate (Miltown)

Non-medical use​

Combining a muscle relaxant like carisoprodol with opioids and benzodiazepines is referred to as "The Holy Trinity" as it has been reported to increase the power of the "high".[22]

Recreational users of carisoprodol usually seek its potentially heavy sedating, relaxant, and anxiolytic effects.[23] Also, because of its potentiating effects on narcotics, it is often used in conjunction with many opioid drugs.

Last edited:
If Im Hi Kongoman,

The pregabalin went OK with the DHC, but I don't think it went as well as Soma does for me. I went out to a gig and it was OK, but I think the Soma would have been better. Next time I'll try Soma.

My theory at the moment is that it's possibly the re-dosing 3 times that is causing the issue for me, because it means the accumulation of quite a big total daily dose. Maybe my liver and kidneys are having to work extra hard over the next few days to metabolize or clear all this stuff that it's not used to. And that's why it's making me feel tired and sleepy. I still don't get the waves thing though, it would make more sense if it's constant. There's a lot about all of this I don't really undertsand.

BTW I split 1 x 500mg Soma pill into 2 halves when I got home, I didn't feel that much off the first dose, just a bit of mood lift and more laughter. THe 2nd half put me to sleep. It was late by then and I'd been quite low energy yesterday.

I don't think my doses of Soma are all that high, seeing as the standard pills can be either 500 or 350 mg. The sweet spot for me, when combined with DHC is usually 1.5 standard 500mg Soma pills.

A bit more about Soma (Carisoprodol) from wikipedia below. Not everyone knows of it or uses it, but it can be an enjoyable downer in combos. I don't think it contains anything except Carisoprodol and maybe binders. It is it's own thing.

The interaction of carisoprodol with essentially all opioids, and other centrally acting analgesics, but especially codeine, those of the codeine-derived subgroup of the semisynthetic class (ethylmorphine, dihydrocodeine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, nicocodeine, benzylmorphine, the various acetylated codeine derivatives including acetyldihydrocodeine, dihydroisocodeine, nicodicodeine and others) which allows the use of a smaller dose of the opioid to have a given effect, is useful in general and especially where skeletal muscle injury and/or spasm is a large part of the problem. The potentiation effect is also useful in other pain situations and is also especially useful with opioids of the open-chain class, such as methadone, levomethadone, ketobemidone, phenadoxone and others

Side effects - The usual dose of 350 mg is unlikely to engender prominent side effects other than somnolence, and mild to significant euphoria (especially when combined with DHC added by Bleaney!) or dysphoria, but the euphoria is generally short-lived due to the fast metabolism of carisoprodol into meprobamate and other metabolites; the euphoria derived is, according to new research[citation needed], most likely due to carisoprodol's inherent, potent anxiolytic effects that are far stronger than those produced by its primary metabolite, meprobamate, which is often misblamed for the drug-seeking associated with carisoprodol, as carisoprodol itself is responsible for the significantly more intense central nervous system effects than meprobamate alone. Carisoprodol has a qualitatively different set of effects to that of meprobamate (Miltown)

Non-medical use​

Combining a muscle relaxant like carisoprodol with opioids and benzodiazepines is referred to as "The Holy Trinity" as it has been reported to increase the power of the "high".[22]

Recreational users of carisoprodol usually seek its potentially heavy sedating, relaxant, and anxiolytic effects.[23] Also, because of its potentiating effects on narcotics, it is often used in conjunction with many opioid drugs.
Hi buddy! How are u?
Well if Im not wrong you took 100mg pregabalin with 100-150 dhc. Only one time a day. If you compare with using Soma and dhc three times a day its nothing to do with the comparison. I suggest you to test 300mg with 100-150 dhc and it will be different.
The best thing you can do is aternate the 2 substances, soma and pregabalin with dhc.
And why not try Soma+Pregabalin it probable works. If been reading about soma and it seems to be an incredible drug that lots of people dont know. Let us know what youre thinking about and if you try something write a post and tell us know how it was.

LoVe tO eVEryOne in ThIS cOMunItY

Hi buddy! How are u?
Well if Im not wrong you took 100mg pregabalin with 100-150 dhc. Only one time a day. If you compare with using Soma and dhc three times a day its nothing to do with the comparison. I suggest you to test 300mg with 100-150 dhc and it will be different.
The best thing you can do is aternate the 2 substances, soma and pregabalin with dhc.
And why not try Soma+Pregabalin it probable works. If been reading about soma and it seems to be an incredible drug that lots of people dont know. Let us know what youre thinking about and if you try something write a post and tell us know how it was.

LoVe tO eVEryOne in ThIS cOMunItY
Good thanks. Hope you are too.

I seem to have no sleepiness so far after that 1 dose.

TBH I don't like Pregabalin above 150 mg, it gives me a lot of anxiety the higher I go, to the point of feeling like a bad trip (without the psychedia) just the underlying uneasyness is there. I don't like it.

Yes Soma is great with DHC. Next time I'll try just one x 120 mg DHC and 750 mg Soma with no re-dosing.

I'm still going on the theory that the more of both I take over the course of a day (which ends up being way more than medical guidelines if I re-dose 3 times ) it gives my internal organs a lot of work to do to clear things up, and that makes me feel tired and sleepy over the next several days.

Last edited: