The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

DFW HARM REDUX ORG

stevibooo

Greenlighter
so i just started my own harm reduction non profit org. it’s called DFW harm reduction and addiction management (DHREAM) . if anyone is in DFW i could use your help. we provide narcan, needles, condoms, plan B, abortion resources and lots of other stuff to the homeless and low income in the area. so if anyones in DFW and willing to volunteer or donate pls let me know! my linktree is https://linktr.ee/dhream

so i just started my own harm reduction non profit org. it’s called DFW harm reduction and addiction management (DHREAM) . if anyone is in DFW i could use your help. we provide narcan, needles, condoms, plan B, abortion resources and lots of other stuff to the homeless and low income in the area. so if anyones in DFW and willing to volunteer or donate pls let me know! my linktree is https://linktr.ee/dhream
Are needle exchanges able to operate legally in Texas now? Or is it just that NXs can't receive state/local gov't funding? Anyways—good luck with your endeavor! It's a worthy cause (if I say so myself...)

Are needle exchanges able to operate legally in Texas now?

no, at least not while I was living in DFW as of 2019

I think there are some pilot programs but they are still more or less illegal

anyways, Good luck OP, I would have volunteered but moved out of state

When I homeless was in Denver 15 or 20 years ago, AFAIK needle exchanges were not legal at that time. However this dude I was hanging with brought me to a house in a suburban neighborhood that allowed IV users to come and use their washer/dryer for laundry, take a shower, and cook a free meal. They also had some social services and counselors come in for group therapy-type sessions to teach harm reduction. First and only time I did acupuncture was there. Behind closed doors they would give free needles.

Hopefully the OP of this thread has a legal way to run a needle exchange. Would hate for a narc to cause their outfit to be shut down or worse. And if you did have an underground needle exchange, I definitely wouldn't advertise it in any official way ie., websites.