View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

dextromethorphan polistirex?

Vexanize

Bluelighter
Is this weaker than DXM Hbr since it's XR or does it just last longer? I've taken 480mg DXM Hbr and 1080mg DXM polistirex, is this enough to make me trip hard? I know it'll be at least a 3rd plateau dose. Also, does chlorpheniramine maleate make you hallucinate at high doses; I don't like antihistamine trips. Thanks!

Polistirex is weaker and it lasts longer. Not sure but I think the dose you're talking about is really quite high, I just googled and people seem to say it's about 75% as strong, so you're talking about 480mg + ~800mg which is actually quite dangerously high. And yes chlorphenidramine maleate is an antihistamine that has terrible effects at high dose. You must be talking about Coricidin which is well-known to be the most dangerous and harmful way to take DXM, and if it's 480mg from that, you're talking 2 boxes. Someone I went to high school with literally died from taking 2 boxes, JUST 2 boxes with nothing else. 1280mg of DXM alone is also enough to possibly kill you. What you suggest is a death wish and I hope you don't do this. I'm glad you posted here first though. Also you should never take Coricidin, it's really dumb and the high is way shittier than regular DXM.

If you take the 1080mg of polistirex by itself, you'll trip hard and that's a good high dose considering the other DXM doses you've posted about taking recently (I think that was you anyway taking in the 700mg range). If you've actually never taken a dose in that range before then definitely start a lot lower in case you're a poor metabolizer of DXM (I am, personally), in which case that dose could be quite dangerous.

EDIT: hang on, you already took it? Dude, what the fuck, why would you take it and THEN ask? Honestly I'm concerned for you... you should probably go to the hospital or at LEAST let someone know what you did so they can watch over you and take you to the hospital if/when things go bad. IMO you should try to throw up right now, it hasn't been long. You need to take this seriously right now and I hope if you make it through this that you learn something because you're gonna end up dead one day if it isn't from this, if you keep taking stupid doses of drugs without bothering to check whether you're overdosing first. FFS.

Last edited:
I have taken this much before and it didn't kill me. I was just asking about dxm polistirex

dude i feel fine. My rule is that if I can type while I'm tripping, I'm ok.

Well you must have a hell of a tolerance. Anyway you really shouldn't take Coricidin, it's really terrible for you. There are plenty of better options, in fact every DXM source they sell is better than Coricidin, literally every one.

......DXM doesn't feel like LSD at all.

More like Ketamine but with Heavy Body Load and less magic IMO. It has many side-effects honestly.

I'd taken very high doses at different periods throughout my life. But eventually I had a terrible reaction one night with straight DXM at a 1gram dose. It caused me to have tinnitus and headaches for years afterward. Im not saying this would happen too you but I wanted to share this.

Please don't take Coricidin it can kill you taking large doses of antihistamines. I'd probably tripped on straight DXM over 50 times and I regret it at this point.

Yes I had some mind blowing trips for a long time. But when DXM turned on me it bit me hard. Since that happened I stopped taking Dissociatives, i feel much safer with Psychedelics personally.

Just be careful, we don't wanna see harm come to you. Take care of yourself okay.

~Charlie

Last edited:
There's 480 mg. of DXM in one box of coricidin not two(30 mg. x 16 tablets).

Not that I don't agree with Coricidin being a really dangerous way to take DXM,( because of the CPM) I totally agree and advise against it, just wanted to clarify that.

Oh right good point.

Hey OP, are you okay? I know you said you were fine but you had a LONG way to go at that point I think...

......DXM doesn't feel like LSD at all.

More like Ketamine but with Heavy Body Load and less magic IMO. It has many side-effects honestly.

I'd taken very high doses at different periods throughout my life. But eventually I had a terrible reaction one night with straight DXM at a 1gram dose. It caused me to have tinnitus and headaches for years afterward. Im not saying this would happen too you but I wanted to share this.

Please don't take Coricidin it can kill you taking large doses of antihistamines. I'd probably tripped on straight DXM over 50 times and I regret it at this point.

Yes I had some mind blowing trips for a long time. But when DXM turned on me it bit me hard. Since that happened I stopped taking Dissociatives, i feel much safer with Psychedelics personally.

Just be careful, we don't wanna see harm come to you. Take care of yourself okay.

~Charlie

Dxm has way more magic then K imo.
But hey ymmv, everyone is different.

I abused K quite a bit, but i still feel that K is a easy and light experience compared to a third plataue or higher dxm trip.