• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dextromethorphan (DXM) / Alcohol

AfterMeth

Bluelighter
Does anyone know if DXM has an effect of lowering or slowing tolerance to alcohol like it supposedly does for other chemicals. I searched all over for any info on this but could only threads related to people mixing DXM/alcohol for getting high purposes. Im looking for a way to decrease my alcohol tolerance.

Im at a handle a day now just to keep from shaking seizures and all that fun stuff that comes with being a sever alcoholic. I need to reduce my intake somehow...someway. Last weekend i had a seized on the bus. The doctors said i have acute pancreatitis.. Yay, now my liver and pancreas can have a battle to see who is the 1st one to fail. Kind like that old MTV celebrity death match.

"On this corner we have aftermeths liver...on this corner we have his pancreas....ding ding ding..lets fight!!!" Sorry i know that was cornball asf.. But i be like that sometimes.

Was not able to figure out best place to post this.. So move it as necessary my friendly mods.

I don't know if this will help or not, but in my case, DXM actually increases the amount of EtOH I can consume without getting sick or having a hangover. I don't drink often these days though, and DXM really does not lower my EtOH tolerance at all...

The main point in this study is that DXM was shown to have a low efficacy in reducing the need for benzoes for alcohol withdrawal. In otherwords my take, low efficiacy in any sense at all treating alcohol.

You need a hospital man.