• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dextromethorphan and opiate tolerance

Kevin-Stacks

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, my question is can dextromethorphan lower your opiate tolerance even slightly after one time use? Also should you take it before the opiates or is it ok to take after you come down like at the end of a day on opiates for pain maintenance? And what dosage of dextromethorphan should you take? My tolerance is about 80mg Oxy and I take Suboxone 4mg once a day as of recently it used to be twice a day. I appreciate any advice thank you!

-Kevin

Hi Stacks: I personally take my DMX with my opiate (when I have quantities of both). For whatever reason it boosts onset and the buzz last a bit longer. I’m about to start Suboxone in a day, so we’ll see if the DMX works with that as well as perks, norco, hydromorphone, etc

Hey everyone, my question is can dextromethorphan lower your opiate tolerance even slightly after one time use? Also should you take it before the opiates or is it ok to take after you come down like at the end of a day on opiates for pain maintenance? And what dosage of dextromethorphan should you take? My tolerance is about 80mg Oxy and I take Suboxone 4mg once a day as of recently it used to be twice a day. I appreciate any advice thank you!

-Kevin
I wouldn't take them together. It's a little to much but the dex won't affect your tolerence.

Mike

Hi Stacks: I personally take my DMX with my opiate (when I have quantities of both). For whatever reason it boosts onset and the buzz last a bit longer. I’m about to start Suboxone in a day, so we’ll see if the DMX works with that as well as perks, norco, hydromorphone, etc
Hey Monkey: Thanks for the response, so I just have a few more questions. Do you take the Dextromethorphan before or after you take the Opiates or at the same time? Also does it make a difference if it's DM or DXM Dextromethorphan? Cuz I have the DM. Also would I take the same dose of Oxy I normally take? Thanks for any info you can provide.

It is generally not recommended to use both DXM and Opiates together. Please be careful.

That said, I've used DXM and Suboxone together with great effect, although in retrospect it may not have been smart. @FunkieJunkieMonkey

I have had success preloading opiates with smaller amounts of dxm, no more than 30-45mg. Back in the day I would consistantly take 30mg of DXM and 25mg of benadryl 45 minutes before ingesting my opiates, and it wasn't anything huge but there was definitely some potentiation (added euphoria, and sedation) at the cost of a slighter "dirtier" buzz. I would recommend against any higher doses of either and definitely DO NOT drink alcohol or take any other downers of any kind.

It is generally not recommended to use both DXM and Opiates together. Please be careful.

That said, I've used DXM and Suboxone together with great effect, although in retrospect it may not have been smart. @FunkieJunkieMonkey
I agree completely. It is not the brightest idea I’ve ever had, but at the time I just wanted to fuck up my reality while maintaining a functional front. It’s a decent ride, but as with all of the chemicals we dance with, it can be a bitch.

Hey Monkey: Thanks for the response, so I just have a few more questions. Do you take the Dextromethorphan before or after you take the Opiates or at the same time? Also does it make a difference if it's DM or DXM Dextromethorphan? Cuz I have the DM. Also would I take the same dose of Oxy I normally take? Thanks for any info you can provide.
Hey Stacks: read above on RxVeritas post for dosages. For me it was always “By eye” which I don’t recommend. Dextromethorphon is a fickle bitch so once you’ve achieved the “dirty buzz” Leave it at that. Adding more isn’t going to do anything but make you sick. You’re lookin too boost the oxy high, so yes, same dose on that. You confounded me a bit with DM and DXM. Suffice it to say, do not be slugging down your gullet a pint of Robitussin DM. Won’t feel like anything except dogshit. Actual Dextromethorphon or don’t bother. Buy the ticket, take the ride.