• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

dextromethorphan and hydromorphone

bigfloppy

Greenlighter
I am chronic pain patient 3 years PHN will taking dxm help my Hydromorphone? Potentiation? Tolerance? Thanks

I took 30mg dxm pure am hour ago then my Hydromorphone drip ( filtered in saline and dripped down into nose more than doubled oral bioavailability) but don't notice any difference

In my opinion dxm doesn't do much as far as potentiation. It's said that the NMDA effects will help slow tolerance growth but i haven't personally tested this.

Only thing that I’ve heard potentiates DXM is codeine and vice versa. I could be wrong though.

It seems to make opioids last longer. I take hydromorph contin 27mg 3x day With 4x10mg supeudol breakthrough a day. I usually drip all my contins. Crush in pill crusher add saline and filter really well. Comes out crystal clear and very potent. Hang upside down and drop it in nose. Way better than sticking it up my Asshole with all the shit and you know. It is very similar to iv which I have had lots in the ER. Or i just swallow 4 oxys.

Does not work on codeine, its a prodrug

Oops, meant to say opiates instead of codeine. However, it would work with codeine as well. Ever heard of lean (DXM and codeine combined)? The most common prescription opioids come in four categories: hydrocodone, oxycodone, codeine, and fentanyl. I’m not sure what you mean by ‘it’s a prodrug’. Just because it’s a prodrug doesn’t mean anything. In fact: it’s a good thing.

“A prodrug is a medication or compound that, after administration, is metabolized (i.e., converted within the body) into a pharmacologically active drug. Inactive prodrugs are pharmacologically inactive medications that are metabolized into an active form within the body. Instead of administering a drug directly, a corresponding prodrug might be used instead to improve how a medicine is absorbed, distributed, metabolized, and excreted (ADME). Prodrugs are often designed to improve bioavailability when a drug itself is poorly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. A prodrug may be used to improve how selectively the drug interacts with cells or processes that are not its intended target.”