• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Dextroamphetamine Antabuse Formulation Discovery

Ksa

Ex-Bluelighter
I discovered a new way to formulate amphetamine prescriptions so that they can be successfully used to work/study without risking abuse and I thought it would be good to share it:

Formulation: Capsule
Ingredient 1: Dextroamphetamine 3.87mg
Ingredient 2: Nicotine Polacrylex 2mg
Ingredient 3: Guanfacine 0.65mg
Ingredient 4: Caffeine 65mg

How to arrive to this formulation:

Capsule size: 1'', 150-160 empty capsules will be required.
40x 15mg(XR) or 120x 5mg(IR) Dexedrine spansules/tablets crushed into ultrafine powder.
78x 4mg Nicotine lozenges crushed into ultrafine powder away from water/humidity/heat. Make sure the resin doesn't overheat through friction.
50x 2mg Intuniv(guanfacine)(XR) crushed into ultrafine powder.
50x 200mg Caffeine pills crushed into ultrafine powder.

1) Powder is combined and mixed in a jar for 5 minutes. If powder was crushed properly, you can notice electrostatic effects when mixing it.
2) Powder is encapsulated so that both parts of the capsule are filled and when they are combined, the pressure is maximal but low enough so that the capsule can close properly.
3) 150-160 capsules should be obtained. Calculate the amounts of each ingredient by dividing the total miligrams of each ingredient by the final capsule number obtained.

Advantages:

- Cannot extract the amphetamine.
- Attempting to take lots of capsules will result in stomach aches and dizziness on the short term, blood pressure drop and loss of consciousness on the long term.
- When used properly, 1 capsule every 3 hours, the effect is almost instant, as the nicotine will kick in within minutes and last until the amphetamine kicks in.
- Guanfacine will increase focus by removing adrenergic adverse side effects from the amphetamine.

Antabuse mechanisms:

1) Guanfacine mechanism: Dexedrine, Nicotine and Caffeine all increase blood pressure and got short half-lives. Guanfacine lowers blood pressure and has a long half life. When the 3 are crashing after a major high, blood pressure is lost due to the crash of the 3 combined with the persisting high levels of guanfacine.

2) Nicotine mechanism: Nicotine is highly irritant and toxic in higher amounts.

Last edited:
Very intresting thread. I wondering, how colored the Dexedrine effect is. It seems cost effective.

Nicotine is more addictive than amphetamine, and I have doubts about the idea of adding caffeine; mixing stims is usually a bad idea.

Really interesting, but a major problem could be that stupid people will still try to abuse this formula and this could be lethal. Another problem is the long half life (18 hours) of the guanfacine, this could lead to accumulation and eventually to a harmful drop in blood pressure and 0.65mg sounds like a pretty high dose to begin with.

Sounds like this needs a little kitchen chemistry and a weekend or two to get it right. I do see promise here.

I admit it definitely would be useful to have an amphetamine formulation that's not in schedule 2, for those who need it. I could never get on with the stuff, but it's a life-changer for some.

Really interesting, but a major problem could be that stupid people will still try to abuse this formula and this could be lethal. Another problem is the long half life (18 hours) of the guanfacine, this could lead to accumulation and eventually to a harmful drop in blood pressure and 0.65mg sounds like a pretty high dose to begin with.

Ya the amounts are set to work for me because I am prescribed 2mg guanfacine/day, and I tuned the whole thing so that 3 pills taken every 3 or 3.5 hours will deliver 2mg guanfacine, combined with a dexedrine level that doesn't make me think in terms of where do I lay my next fuck. So it's a pickle yes.

Advantages:

- Cannot extract the amphetamine.
- Attempting to take lots of capsules will result in stomach aches and dizziness on the short term, blood pressure drop and loss of consciousness on the long term.
- When used properly, 1 capsule every 3 hours, the effect is almost instant, as the nicotine will kick in within minutes and last until the amphetamine kicks in.
- Guanfacine will increase focus by removing adrenergic adverse side effects from the amphetamine.

To all the people mentioning that the nicotine will be addictive, in this formulation the addictiveness will be significantly suppressed because of the route of administration. Oral administration will cause the nicotine to take a while to be absorbed from the gut into the blood and get to the brain. Thus there will be no rush, which is one of the big reasons which nicotine is addictive. There probably still is the question of nicotine dependance.

As a result of this however, I'm not too sure whether the nicotine will kick in within minutes if taken orally.

I have my doubts that this is a safe or effective Antabuse for Amphetamine. Lets say someone takes 10 of your capsules. That would be 38.7mg of d-amp and 6.5mg of guanfacine. The max recommended dose of Intuniv is 4mg and for d-amp it varies depending on what condition you are treating, but generally around 40-60mg, is the normal max daily dose. But you also crushed the Intuniv, thus destroying at least some, and probably most of the extended release mechanism, effectively making it IR guanfacine. But the kinetics differ for ER and IR guanfacine with a lower Cmax and longer tmax for the ER. Given that many of the cardiac effects such as lowering of BP, with the possible resulting orthostatic hypotension and syncope, are dose dependent, to say that dizziness is short term effect and loss of consciousness and BP drop is long term, is a rather gross underestimation of the adverse reactions of guanfacine. The hypertensive and tachycardic effects of d-amp are also dose dependent, but it takes relatively higher doses of d-amp to potentially balance the hypotensive response to the amount of guanfacine in 10 capsules of your Antampuse (I named it for you, forgive my poetic license :) ).

I understand the nicotine and caffeine are there too, but doubt that at least the caffeine will cause enough elevation of BP to again offset the guanfacine. I have my doubts on the nicotine as well, but not as sure but overall, this is just too much Intuniv as undoubtedly, hardcore stim lovers would not think twice about taking roughly 40mg of d-amp. I think for one or two capsules it is no big deal and obviously it works for you, so carry on. Just worried about those who would only consider how much d-amp they are ingesting, and ignoring all other ingredients.

One minor detail on the formulation. Would not regular IR guanfacine be better than Intuniv? I am assuming you are prescribed Intuniv so that is why its there, but I never assume everyone is meticulous and patient. And while Intuniv probably crushes just fine and the ER mechanism is completely destroyed if done as you describe, a less careful person trying to recreate your formula, may do a worse job and not get rid of the ER effects. A trivial gripe, I know.

" Attempting to take lots of capsules will result in stomach aches and dizziness on the short term, blood pressure drop and loss of consciousness on the long term." This is an advantage? I would put this in the con column..

- HS

To all the people mentioning that the nicotine will be addictive, in this formulation the addictiveness will be significantly suppressed because of the route of administration. Oral administration will cause the nicotine to take a while to be absorbed from the gut into the blood and get to the brain. Thus there will be no rush, which is one of the big reasons which nicotine is addictive. There probably still is the question of nicotine dependance.

As a result of this however, I'm not too sure whether the nicotine will kick in within minutes if taken orally.
I always thought that nicotine on its own isn't that addictive? Haven't there been studies confirming this?

I think that Nicotine on its own is not nearly as bad as cigarettes. I have nicotine small tea bags that I use frequently. It's not Snuff or tobacco used mostly in Southern US, it's more like a pasteurized white covered portions of nicotine is quite clean although lots of people may disagree.

Anyways, there was this warning saying that this is not good for your health and that it could cause mouth cancer. However, the Ministry of Health lost a case and had to allow the companies to place back their label simply saying that it's not good for your health and they removed all labels that said that it could cause cancer.

I'm not at all saying this is a safer alternative for cigarettes but for me it's a harm reduction thing.
Besides it does not bother anyone and nobody knows when you are using or not.

Last edited: