• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dexedrine withdrawal - is this normal?

I've been taking dexedrine IR AND ER for the past 6 days...for the last 3days I've been taking 75mg daily! I'm now out...and have to stop cold turkey... I need to know what to expect and if I'm going to be okay?? I'm really nervous and worried that I will not be okay. Has anyone ever stopped cold turkey, and at 75mg dose?? And is it safe and ok? And what to expect?? Someone please help...thanks

You will be fine without it, probably just very tired and unmotivated. I would tend to sleep way too much for the first few days after running out.

Was there anything you did to help the crash? And no serious withdrawal stuff...right?

I stopped massive doses of meth and was good in three days. Granted I wasn?t psychotic so I could smoke weed and be ok. After three years of heavy usage I snapped and lost my mind.

It?s going to be ok. Benzo withdrawals just keep going on and on. Unfortunately I lost my doctor so now it?s back to square one.

Was there anything you did to help the crash? And no serious withdrawal stuff...right?

Nothing beyond trying to eat well, staying hydrated and then falling asleep. Once you get past comeing down it's pretty much just a matter of getting past several days of being tired and unmotivated. There aren't really any withdrawals like there are with opiates, alcohol or benzodiazepines.

What mg were you taking?..when you stopped
It's been too long, I don't remember. But I have quit using other stimulants from much higher doses... You don't have anything to worry about regarding withdrawals.