• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Dexedrine ER Time Release?

Parcocet

Greenlighter
Is Dexedrine ER similar to Adderall XR in the way in which Adderall XR is comprised of Instant release beads and beads which release 4 to 6 hours later, after the initial dose?
subjectively, it's very noticeable when the second "kick" of Adderall XR starts.
Dexedrine however, i don't seem to notice as well if at all. I'm aware that this can be caused by tolerance, ph levels, lack of levoamphetamine, ect. That's why i'm curious as to if anyone here knows what separates the two as extended release drugs, if anything does.
And if anything does, what that difference might be and how Dexedrine ER works in general in relation to it's time release mechanism.
I appoligize if this has already been posted. I haven't been able to find anything very conclusive.

pure dexedrine is 100% D-amphetamine

adderall is 75% D-amphetamine and 25% L-amphetamine

it's not a big difference but it can be noticed by experienced users

Dex ER and Adderall XR are both similar in duration

I've never seen dex XR pills myself, only IR.. are the pills you have tablets or capsules with balls/powder?

They're capsules with beads like Adderall XR.
I've been on and used every phetamine (not all at once) excluding meth and maybe some rarer one's since i was 15 haha.
Dexedrine is more subtle in a less tweaky way to me. A bit more euphoria overall given it gives me less anxiety comparatively.
Dexedrine ER definitively doesn't seem to last anywhere close to as long as Adderall XR for me at least.
I just really cant get a general idea as to when the second dose is supposed to kick in, if it is similar to Aderall XR.

They're capsules with beads like Adderall XR.
I've been on and used every phetamine (not all at once) excluding meth and maybe some rarer one's since i was 15 haha.
Dexedrine is more subtle in a less tweaky way to me. A bit more euphoria overall given it gives me less anxiety comparatively.
Dexedrine ER definitively doesn't seem to last anywhere close to as long as Adderall XR for me at least.
I just really cant get a general idea as to when the second dose is supposed to kick in, if it is similar to Aderall XR.

100% dex is more... speedy and recreational according to most people, it's more desirable to adderall for most.... drug addicts lol

the 25% L-amp adderall has is more physical high in nature, it tends to calm people down, thus why it calms down people with ADD I guess idk

it's more of a pure stim compared to adderall i guess

it would make sense that the high is a bit less noticeable than adderall, but you might be just as high

Yeah, as far as I know there isn't much of a difference in the mechanism, just a different chemical composition.

I used 15mg Dexedrine capsules for quite a long time, and have always preferred dexedrine to adderall.

To me, the L-amphetamine always made me more edgy, as opposed to less, like many people with ADHD claim.

I mean, I kinda always noticed a second "wave" of enthusiasm or effects or whatever, about 4 hours or so in when taking dex XR.