• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Dexamphetamine - feeling of pressure in bone behind ear

Status
Not open for further replies.

isaaccain

Bluelighter
This side effect appeared quite a while ago but it hasn?t been here since day one of taking dexamphetamine. It feels like there?s pressure pushing out from inside and the otherway around. Most times I take dexamphetamine I get a really uncomfortable feeling in the left mastoid bone (I think that?s what it?s called, the boney lump behind your ear). The area also seems to swell which I?m thinking is from the blood vessels around that area becoming inflamed because I can also feel a pulse there and I feel if I run my fingers over it gently I can feel the veins are definitely protruding. I get chronic ear infections if that contributes but back in November I was taking dexamphetamine and MDMA almost every day and I began to think I had an infection in the left mastoid bone becase of the pressure feeling and just because I was delusional from taking so many amphetamines. I went to A&E and they said I had no swelling and no infection, but I still feel the swelling and pressure despite no longer being delusional and I?ve had someone look to confirm the swelling is there. It mostly goes away after I come down but sometimes I still feel a pulse there and get the pressure. There?s no pain. Really I guess it could be lots of things so my question is should I go to the doctor about it, or do you think it?s nothing? If you want to take a guess at what it is go ahead. I can?t tell him it?s from doing dexamphetamine obviously but I could just say it happens randomly from time to time.

Don't tell your GP that, as you'll just waste his/her time on a wild goose chase.

When you take amphetamines, your blood pressure more than likely goes up considerably, which affects the diameter of exposed vasculature. Many people find amps cause the kind of discomfort and swelling of arteries you seem to be describing. Have you measured BP while you're using?

I have to exact same thing happen to me, except on the right side! I actually have begun to get concerned about it myself.
I usually have tinnitus around the same time as the pressure (although it feels a little sharp at the same time). It comes and goes in waves. It goes away when I take my Xanax dose so I don't know if it's the Vyvanse or my body telling me its time for my Xanax.

I’ve also had similar experiences with pressure in my right ear and tinnitus, which seem to get worse when I tilt my head to the side. I also have very weak capillaries in my nose so I get chronic nosebleeds and I almost always get one when I take adderal, which I’ve heard can also come from high blood pressure.

No I’ve never measured my blood pressure on it but it would probably stop me worrying, a lot of the time I can’t enjoy myself when I’m on it because I’m worried about having a stroke or a blood clot or something. I did it today and didn’t get the feeling of pressure and I did 25mg more than last time so maybe there’s a point where because the drug has more of an effect on me I’m focusing on other things and feel less anxious about the pressure feeling idk

I get the feeling many hours after taking vyvanse. After about 8hrs or so, when that focused and clearheaded mindset starts to go away. Once the euphoria is gone all I am left with is stimulated CNS and PNS systems that are unenjoyable i.e. High BP, racing thoughts, anxiety, headaches and tinnitus, ect..

I try to save my midday Xanax dose for the evening so I can take the midday and evening doses together to help me come down. I also drink a couple glasses of rum and coke, the chase it down with an equal amount of water and an equal amount of Pedialyte.

Status
Not open for further replies.