• AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Dexamphetamine + Diazepam + Tramadol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CYP2D6

Greenlighter
Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

For the past three days I have been on a constant D-amp and Vally combo while doing my exams, I find that the valium seems to neutralise the negative effects of the d-amp (jitters, anxiety). And considering I have generalised anxiety, the valium really helps that much more. It is a very pleasant combo when the doses are perfect. I usually find around 5mg vally (im very intolerant of benzos) and about 25-40mg of d-amp is a nice dose.

Anyway to get to the point, I'm going to a party tomorrow night and I really dont want to drink. So instead I thought of trying maybe 60mg dex with 10-15mg valium with maybe 150mg of tramadol? I enjoy tramadol by itself very much so I would imagine adding it with the aforementioned combo would be absolute bliss and eliminate the need to drink myself stupid and spend the next day feeling like shit.

Getting to the point... For harm-minimisation purposes can anyone assess my situation; is it safe? would one cancel the other out? what would be the best ratio? does anyone have any experience with this combo or anything similiar?

p.s I have extensive experience with oxy, dihydro/codeine, xanax, methylphenidate if this is of any use.

Thanks for reading

Hi, Welcome aboard,

First let me start by saying you should not mix Tramadol with Dexamphetamine, a simple search on the drugs.com interactions checker has a major interaction (although you need to type Dextrostat as opposed to the Australian Dexamphetamine, it is the same thing, some places just have a different name for it :p

I would be weary mixing anything (even Alcohol) with Tramadol, as it lowers the seizure threshold considerably, not only that, it also has SNRI properties Mixing 2 serotonergic drugs can cause Serotonin Syndrome and in some cases be fatal. I should know I have had it a few times from being careless, once I called an ambo that left me with a huge bill to pay after taking LSD 2 days after Tramadol, parents home as the ambo arrived, such a shameful/bad feeling and if you have much experience with LSD you can imagine how bad that would have felt or an idea at least ;) I dosed the LSD 2 days after taking the Tramadol, so don't assume SNRI drugs will leave your body overnight, give it at least 3 days (or more if you can) before mixing any serotonergic drugs such as dexies, LSD, MDMA, even St John's Wort (OTC herbal pills) it really is a bad experience (if you live through it).

Tramadol and Effexor (Antidepressant SNRI) contain almost the exact same molecular components, the arrangement of these components is quite different. Thus, I can't really see them as being considered analogous, but perhaps "somewhat similar". Their pharmacology is quite different, the only similarity being the shared serotonin and norepinephrine transporter affinity, though it is important to note that Tramadol is a serotonin releasing agent while Effexor is a mere reuptake inhibitor of serotonin.

I suspect a majority of the mood lift from Tramadol is a direct result of its SNRI properties and that is why some people enjoy it and others get nothing from it (much like why one can go through various different types of SSRI/SNRI drugs to find one that works for them). So in conclusion Tramadol doesn't mix well with most drugs, benzos and weed are OK. If you are scripted the dexies, I hope you dont end up increasing your daily Valium dose to cope with side effects, best to find a dose with minimal/no side effects and help you deal with the reason you are scripted them. Try take breaks if you can even if its just weekends.

Anyway sorry for the long post, Its getting late and I should be asleep, laters!

Last edited:
^ It caused the SS because the Tramadol had not left my system fully.

SSRI, SNRI, and relatives of these drugs slowly alter the way the brain sends and receives information, and thus slow changes require time to slowly revert back.

Can't expect something that takes a month to work fully to dissipate in a day...

Last edited:
Yes, I've just never heard of LSD causing SS, which is why people can mix it with things like SSRI/SNRI's as well as MDMA/Serotonin flooding drugs.

Cheers for the reply brenno, I knew about tramadol's SNRI properties but never really took them seriously so I guess I'll just stick with valium and alcohol tonight :(

Also, I've been on strattera for the past 3 weeks which is an NRI, but discounted this in the mixture due to it having no effect on serotonin (only norepinephrine) and I've just stopped taking them simply because 1. they're shit and 2. they're shit.

So, to conclude mixing tramadol (SNRI), with alcohol is bad, yes? due to both of their serotonin interaction. And due to the recreational doses of dex it will also have an effect on serotonin. Damn

Why, oh why, is alcohol a legal drug, it is so shit. Can anyone recommend a good ratio of diazepam:alcohol that is safe but still pleasurable?

Really wasn't so great this time though... Had taken a small dose of tramadol earlier in the day and had a fuckin' shocking reaction to the acid that evening. Pure hell, agony and delirium for hours. Never known anything like it and hope nobody will ever see it again :| I was very drowsy when coming up on the acid then got progressively more stimulated until massively overstimulated, wild eyed and dripping with sweat. The last thing I remember before going nutso for a while is pacing around frantically and stripping naked.

This is a pretty accurate description of what happened to me, I had to strip naked, take a cold shower and switch my a/c on to cool down, I was dripping sweat and having proper hallucinations, not just distortions of reality type that LSD causes, I felt extremely bad, extreme anxiety and muscles were sore, twitching a lot, and many other symptoms I have taken a lot of LSD over the years to know it wasn't just a bad trip. I have read (at least)a couple of people having bad reactions to LSD after taking Tramadol and for the sake of harm minimisation, I would avoid this combo at all costs.

Cheers for the reply brenno, I knew about tramadol's SNRI properties but never really took them seriously so I guess I'll just stick with valium and alcohol tonight :(

Also, I've been on strattera for the past 3 weeks which is an NRI, but discounted this in the mixture due to it having no effect on serotonin (only norepinephrine) and I've just stopped taking them simply because 1. they're shit and 2. they're shit.

So, to conclude mixing tramadol (SNRI), with alcohol is bad, yes? due to both of their serotonin interaction. And due to the recreational doses of dex it will also have an effect on serotonin. Damn

Mixing Tramadol with Alcohol is mainly bad because of the lowering of the seizure threshold, also CNS / Respiratory depression. (it can also cloud the opiate high but that's the least of your concerns)

I also assume you know not to exceed the 400mg daily limit as that by itself is bad.

i had my first (and hopefully last) seizure when i combined tramadol (300mgs) and (1shot)alcohol, and it was possible the scariest moment of my life. while i was seizing, i saw flashing rainbow colors and i had flash backs, almost saw my life take place before my eyes....i had take tramadol before this experience and i was fine, but this was the first time i tried alcohol with it.

Regarding the Dex, I think it is mainly due to the possibility of seizures, but i THINK dex also has some serotonin activity (albeit mild), although I would still not combine them.

Why, oh why, is alcohol a legal drug, it is so shit. Can anyone recommend a good ratio of diazepam:alcohol that is safe but still pleasurable?
No one can give you recommended doses to mix 2 CNS depressants, potentially life threatening, but commonly done, it all comes down to tolerance at the end of the day just start small, like half your Valium dose and one or two beers and slowly work your way up until you find a nice level of intoxication but try and remember you have mixed 2 depressants because you can get more fucked up than you think you are and forget you took previous doses, and just do a search for "alcohol benzos" I am sure you will find many stories of people doing very strange things, like waking up to a smashed up room, embarrassing themselves ect so just be careful.

Last edited:
is it be safe to take 200mg tramadol the day after taking 15mg dexamphetamine + 15mg diazepam?

is it be safe to take 200mg tramadol the day after taking 15mg dexamphetamine + 15mg diazepam?

Yep should be fine. Only thing is CNS depression from residual diazepam (it stays in your system a long time)

Status
Not open for further replies.