Dexamphetamine Borderline Addiction Help

bakedchicken

Greenlighter
Hey guys, new to the forum's but I've been Lurking for a few years.

I've just recently been prescribed dexamphetaminesulphate 5mg tablets. I usually take my 3 in the morning then two in the afternoon. But over the few weeks I've been abusing them abit. I know I have a monstrous addictive personality, smoke pot all day everyday (kept usage of other substances way down, knowing what I am like). I wanna just stop using the medication. But it helps with uni (yes I have pretty severe add). Back to the abuse... I keep justifying it in my mind then regretting it latter. Just today, I decided to take 25mg then just pop another three through out the day... My question how would one go about discontinuing usage??

Im smart enough to know that if I continue to use these meds I will (probably already am) become addicted and possibly just resort to using meth (so easy to find here in perth australia, I know soo many tweakers).

I wanna stop using tomorrow and was thinking about using no doze to get me through the day and the days prior. And also just walk around pissy drunk for a few days.

Im probably gonna do more later today, funny thing is I sleep and eat on the stuff no problem!! I dont chew and my pupils do not dilate! even today the most Ive ever used, I dont even feel euphoria.

I just wanna go back to how life was!!!

Flush your pills. Other than that, self control man.

I flushed mine once, after I noticed signs of dependency, just so I would prove something to myself.

I still miss those.

Aight guys, binge lasted until yesterday. I took a 2 phenergans and 30ml of benadryl to get to sleep. Ive only been on them for around 1 month and 2 weeks-ish. Want to taper down to a lower dose and start again to retain therapeutic benefits. I'm thinking about taking my normal dose for the next two days and avoiding other drugs. I have given my dexies to my brother and he is gonna hide them from me and give me them as needed. Is there anyone on here with experience in regards to this type of problem??? Any help would be REALLY APPRECIATED. I dont want to become an addict, this shit really sucks :(

Just stop the stimulants - that's what you need to do. Stims don't have dangerous physical withdrawals so you can just get rid of the pills. Technically you can try a taper if you have the means to take a controlled amount, but it doesn't really sound like you so so you should just quit. Do it on a Friday so you have the weekend to adjust.

Yeh mans, didn't take my morning dose today. Had to go home sick, body collapsed on itself. I have no desire to continue abusing and am just gonna take my recommended dose as I have assignments due. It was the first time I really abused my meds, and I think a combination of being up too long, using too much mdma (over the past few weeks) and a humangus mushroom dose (which made me feel suicidal and depressed) just made me feel like an addict. I know I can't abuse it now, I plan on another day off on the weekend. I honestly feel I can trust myself. I care too much about my skating, life and general wellbeing to fuck with this shit. Regardless, I gonna finish this uni semester and view other options for add meds or discontinue them completely. Day two off the buds and I have cravings but I know I can quit weed whenever, as I have done so in the past. Cheers for the help blue lighters!