View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Developing a ketamine allergy

Rogo

Greenlighter
SWIM Has been having ketamine steadily (once a month, different sources) and over the last decade. He's been having problems while insufflating. After 2 or 3 small lines, he finds his nose blocking up. He knows this can often happen while snorting, but their situation tends to last for a few days, up to a week (dripping/blocked nose)

He knows it isn't a problem with the product. He's doing it socially, and other people aren't having the same problem with the same batch.

Mostly thouhg, it blocks a good session, ha.

Can you help him? He's genuinely concerned he's developed come kind of allergy to it.

It's not an allergy, it's just nasal irritation. Ketamine is acidic and if you put lots of it up your nose then it will irritate the mucosa, leading to inflammation and a stuffed up nose. Some people are more predisposed to this than others.

Like Bob Loblaw says, use saline nasal rinse before & after snorting ketamine. Make sure to drink plenty of water and maybe get a humidifier too.

Be careful, if you continue with that sinusitis can become a real issue. (I know that from first- and second hand experience)
If you can, keep your use limited which is really best anyway since ketamine can be quite addictive.

I'm really glad I moved to I.M. at some point, although I wouldn't feel right recommending random people to do that. Still I do kinda doubt that I ever was more hooked on K when I.M.ing than when I still snorted.

Please don't say SWIM, it is against the rules and it doesn't really help you or the forum anyway.

not an allergy man, you would know if it was. you might want to check your K use if you have been using it often for ten years--the stuff can really do a number on your kidneys and bladder. it could be a number of things though. my nose only becomes blocked after doing a lot of drugs, usually running around a party or at a festival.

Generally I'd go with just nose irritation like sekio says. But I do have to say that it may be variable... there may be a cut present that really blocks the nose, maybe lactose / baby formula or something? I have had ketamine that really made me feel like I was making creamer in my nose.

I have been doing K for 8 years I am fine if I do too much keta chloride it looks kinda like salt that stuff clogs my nose the good stuff does't but I have a friend really bad kidney and bladder problems. I love K more then anyone in the world I think it helps my depression anxiety and bipolar I now pay for ketamine injections from a neurologist/psychologist. its pricy but im getting the right K into me now

I read a respected Advanced Drug Discussion poster who said that you can plug ketamine effectively if you mix it with bicarbonate. So there's that, too.