• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Detoxing off tranq dope

Crooks215

Greenlighter
BACKGROUND

I am from philadelphias kensington section where we have tranq dope. It's a mix of fentanyl and xylazine. I have tried every way to kick. Transitioning to suboxone, always ending in precipitated withdrawal. Methadone maintenance doesn't touch the withdrawals due to the tranq in the dope. And I have tried to go the no opiod route and just take pressed xanax bars (some rc benzo). All of these with no avail. The longest I went was with just taking the xanax bars but I couldn't make it through the storm. This time I have a script of suboxone again and I'm going to try to take the xanax bars until the 48-72hr mark and take a suboxone.

Now to the point of this post. The withdrawals from the tranq are crippling, worse than any opiate or opioid withdrawal I have experienced in the past and I have detoxed 10+ times. But with changes in the drug trade I relapsed a year ago and the Philly dope world is completely different than it was 3-4 years ago. I puke relentlessly, my blood pressure goes through the roof and I turn bright red and I have heavy heartbeat feeling in my head, my heart flutters, I feel like I have menthol vicks in my chest when I breathe, I shake like an 80 yr old man who's been drinking a handle of whiskey for the past 25 years. It's vicious, not just the traditional sweating and restless legs and insomnia. It's all that and more. What can I do to subside these symptoms without putting a damper on detoxing off this shit. I want to get off so bad. I have been trying to quit since the summer and NOTHING has worked.

I honestly would advise you to seek medical help with this detox. You’re gonna need to be weaned down with another tranq. I don’t think it’s wise to cold turkey off xylazine.

Even if you take the suboxone you’re still going to be getting withdrawalfrom the xylazine.

The withdrawals you’re describing are typical tranquilliser withdrawals.

Again, I would advise you seek medical help with this. Make sure you explain about the xylazine in the dope.

What can I do to subside these symptoms without putting a damper on detoxing off this shit
While you can't do what you asked technically I get the drift. Until few minutes ago I didn't heard word "xylazine" and now I found out that it is "an analogue of clonidine and an agonist at the α2 class of adrenergic receptor". My first thought is - why not get clonidine and taper with that? Is xylazine that much more potent? Ask a doctor about xylazine to clonidine conversion. You should make sure that you are not in withdrawal from "pressed Xanax" in the same time as you are withdrawing this really fucked up combo. I have never taken fent but from reading experiences on this forum it takes longer for fent to leave the system so buprenorphine can work. Or maybe it takes longer for tolerance to drop to level at which buprenorphine can work. IDK but there are some issues with fent to bupre transition. Other than clonidine and some benzo I can advise, from experience, pregabalin. It would make the whole ordeal much more bearable. But I don't know do you have prescriber who would write all this prescriptions. You will get much better advices here I am sure, just wait a bit. I wish you all the luck!

Edit - @MsDiz beat me to first post and you should definitely listen to that post over mine. :)

Clonidine amd methadone should do the trick but your tolerance is probably too high for the latter.

The problem is methadone clinics probably haven't adjusted their intake protocols in the advent of ubiquitous fentadope, so they are underdosing people.

To use either methadone or buprenorphine you'll need to taper down first somehow. You can consider buying a larger amount of it an mixing it all together as homogeneously as possible to avoid batch irregularities and getting a milligram scale to begin tapering.

My first thought is - why not get clonidine and taper with that? Is xylazine that much more potent?

So much more, its absolutely crazy, I seen it on a documentary called Drugs Inc, part of me wanted to try it tbh lol, I can't find the episode now but the bloke was trying to pan handle and was almost asleep stood up and at the same time they was showing footage of what a horse goes through when it's given xylazine too and they was acting the same

Than tapering is the best bet. Easier said than done but it is that or buying a horse and going to vet to get it prescribed. I'm so sorry OP. :/

I would say high dose methadone would be waaay more effective than subutex.
The subs won't touch the fentdope potency they barely touched irish shitty diamorphine H #3 tolerance for me.
Xylazine can be sourced online and tapered.
Higher doses of clonidine or tizanadine could possibly be prescribed by a doctor that was knowledgeable and understanding.
Although I doubt they would want to take on the risk of doing such a thing. Any death caused by other drugs or drugs used on top of their script would leave them open to losing their medical licence.

pretty sure that drugs inc episode happened in costa rica. Good quality H and xylazine. Some users were seeking out xylazine alone.

i wonder has the america fentdope scene cut into columbian #4 heroin production and profits?

On one hand I would say surely. But on the other all the transit countries are surely still using mainly H as it is cheaper than once it's smuggled into US apart from mexico possibly as they have a role in the fentalouge trade and mix it with their tar and gunpowder.

Surely it is still possibly to source pretty pure H in the US?
Would some batches of fentdope still contain some H to fool reagent test kits?

In the EU there have been many reports of fentH in the UK. I have heard it being a thing in spain. And I could see it becoming a thing in france as the last time I was there maybe 6 years ago there was barely any heroin in the south it was all diverted morphine and Subutex. The H available in paris was generally reported to be of low quality.

Fentalouges have been all that is available in estonia for at least 10 years. This apparently comes fr st petersburg and is 3-methylfent. I imagine the tsars of the drug industry do not limit sales of this highly potent drug to one relatively small country and I'm sure production areas and transit countries bleed some of the supply for local population either direct consum or for adulterating afghan H.

As for ireland we see little fentdope. Needle exchanges do warn people that this is around. But generally what we see is cheap impure heroin mixed with mannitol and other pre mixed cutting agents. And we see heroin that is twice the price and 3 times the purity.
I would guess that our heroin is 5-10% and 20-30% respectively.
However it is so hard to be sure. And I barely dabble at all anymore myself.

I'm sure we will see fent in the near future. Our biggest cartel suppliers are pretty omnipotent eu wide and world wide in the H and coke game.

Sorry I got carried away with drug socio economics.

OP your best brt as has already been said would be to buy as large amounts as possible mixing batches to avoid purity fluctuations and try taper as best u can till methadone and clonidine will touch the WDs. Best of luck.

Completely understand everything you're talking about. I cop in Kensington too and its nothing like it was. This "dope" is so horrible to detox from its insane. And its so bad on your veins I don't even have anywhere to hit anymore. I've been shooting dope on and off for 10-11 years and used to be able to be drive or walk down the street and hit in 2 seconds like its nothing and this crap has totally killed all my veins. Some of it is so bad that even when you hit perfect in a spot it instantly hardens and you can't hit there again. I have been snorting this crap for the past 3 months just bc I don't have a single vein left in my arms and I don't wanna go in my legs (very little there anyway) or my neck. I hit in my neck about 1 1/2-2 years ago and then I guess I missed a lil bit and it stopped working and bc of what this has done to my arms its not even worth it. I so badly want to stop at this point its just not worth it no more at all even if I was still able to hit. This dope isn't even enjoyable to be honest. Its no euphoria, you just pass out and wake up sick.
I will say though I did go through detox almost 15 months ago and was able to kick this shit and it wasn't as horrible as I thought. But 3 months ago I went to detox 2 times in 3 days and couldn't even make it past a day or 2 each time. I started puking non-stop each time. The 2nd time I was so sick and puking I tried to take a 2mg sub it made me even sicker. The only thing I could think that was different is I had a script for gabapentin the first time. It was only 300 or 400 3x a day but I took like 10 of em b4 going in. It was a lil too much to the point that my kidneys were hurting the 1st night in detox but after that I was fine n I think the gabapentin definitely helps. But definitely recommend detoxing as low as possible and going to a medical detox for sure. And have some benzos in your system too so that way they give you benzos in detox too it will definitely help. And even though that time I got clean they gave me subtex at that place idk if i can go back to a place that gives subs bc I just can't make it that long anymore. But then again the places that give you methadone only taper you from like 30mg and that ain't shit. You really gotta make sure you get your habit as low as possible b4 going anywhere

Hey. It's about 18 months later, but hopefully, you will see this.

This tranq dope has spread to the Jersey suburbs (Asbury Park, Bricktown, Lakewood, Toms River) - it's very difficult to find real dope out here now. NYC is seeing weird synthetics as well, but I havent gotten tranq dope there.

Now. On to my point. And I really hope you read this.

I've been doing a brick every two days of this tranq dope for about the last 4-6 months. I'm paying $200 a brick in the suburbs for it. I've burned through a very large amount of cash, and I'm finally about to run out money (less than 1k left to my name). Times when I couldnt reach dude, I had serious concerns about dying from the withdrawal, because of the spike in blood pressure from the Xylazine. I realized that the only way I was going to be able to get off of this, was to taper off.

I have never, ever successfully tapered off of Heroin. I've always had to go cold turkey.

I have good news. This tranq dope is very, very easy to taper off of. It only took me 48 hours to "recalibrate" my tolerance from being sick after 4 bags every 4 hours (runny nose, goosebumps, leaky eyes, hot & cold sweats) to 12 hours. I am now at a point where I did 4 bags 11 hours ago, and have not even begun to get sick. I feel perfectly normal.

I'm going to continue this taper. I'll continue to update this post with my progress. I strongly suggest you try tapering, if you are in fact still alive.

Edit 1: Also, some important info, I've been sniffing, not shooting, because like someone else said - this stuff destroys your veins almost immediately.

Hey. It's about 18 months later, but hopefully, you will see this.

This tranq dope has spread to the Jersey suburbs (Asbury Park, Bricktown, Lakewood, Toms River) - it's very difficult to find real dope out here now. NYC is seeing weird synthetics as well, but I havent gotten tranq dope there.

Now. On to my point. And I really hope you read this.

I've been doing a brick every two days of this tranq dope for about the last 4-6 months. I'm paying $200 a brick in the suburbs for it. I've burned through a very large amount of cash, and I'm finally about to run out money (less than 1k left to my name). Times when I couldnt reach dude, I had serious concerns about dying from the withdrawal, because of the spike in blood pressure from the Xylazine. I realized that the only way I was going to be able to get off of this, was to taper off.

I have never, ever successfully tapered off of Heroin. I've always had to go cold turkey.

I have good news. This tranq dope is very, very easy to taper off of. It only took me 48 hours to "recalibrate" my tolerance from being sick after 4 bags every 4 hours (runny nose, goosebumps, leaky eyes, hot & cold sweats) to 12 hours. I am now at a point where I did 4 bags 11 hours ago, and have not even begun to get sick. I feel perfectly normal.

I'm going to continue this taper. I'll continue to update this post with my progress. I strongly suggest you try tapering, if you are in fact still alive.

Edit 1: Also, some important info, I've been sniffing, not shooting, because like someone else said - this stuff destroys your veins almost immediately.
Hey its about 4 mnths later and I was wondering how you did with your Xylazine taper? I know sometimes we think oh this isnt gonna be so bad I figured it out then we soon realize we were wrong. I hope you wernt. Im tapering now off tranq dope. I need to stop reading these stories about detoxing from it cause they are making my heart race by themselves. I ended up doing this stuff not even knowing that it had this Xylazine in it. I was good for 5 years just taking my 100mg methadone. 2 weeks takehome I get. Anyways i stopped taking and was just doing the fentanyl. Half stack every couple days or so. Now im down to bundle a day and started back on my methadone 50/50 split morning and night. My plan was to get down to a managable detox level then go to the ER and explain what ive been putting in my body and seriousness of the detox which I had the pleasure of feeling only once and it was fcking intense. Scary. Now I read your post about tapering sucessfully and the symtoms getting much more managable at lower levels. How did it all work out??