• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Detoxing off opiates with another drug

Kratom has a lot of stimulant action I have noticed.
You do not want to take too much of it or it makes you dizzy and nauseated.

I underestimated the strength of it!

Just be careful as I have heard Kratom packs it’s own withdrawal but is over in 3 days.
I am just going to use it very sparingly after I get my prescription refilled and get back on track.
I do not want to get a dependency for Kratom.
I want it to work well for emergencies!

I think it would ease your discomfort though and you could just taper it down.

It is a WAY better option than Lope.
I know this thread is old, but I just wanted to add, that Kratom withdraw is not over in 3 days. It is just as bad as "normal" opiate withdraw, if one's usage of the Kratom is high. Every day, multiple times a day, etc....for months or years, is what I mean by high usage. I had to start withdraws a year ago, when my shipment got screwed up and did not have any for 4 days. I felt like shit, just like the withdraw period I had from Norco a few years prior. Kratom, as I am sure you know already so I am not preaching, acts on the same receptors, the opiate receptor, as I understand it. I hope you are doing well today and I hope all is well in general. Merry Christmas. Thank you.

It feels different. Not really a comparable feeling.
It lacks something.
clear and clean euphoria.
But it is good for withdrawal and has a stimulant action.
it makes me horny. Lol! ☺😝
It is a nice buzz. Has some pain killing properties to it.

But it is holding off mild morphine withdrawal and that is pretty potent!
It makes you Horny? Nice! It does feel better on it. Can't explain it, but each touch, caress, kiss and lick, just feels more attentive.

I always wonder why nobody mentions dissociatives when it's about withdrawing from opioids. These compounds can work better than most of the other common aids together because they aren't opioids and don't induce withdrawal on themselves but are able to down modulate mu opioid receptors, so essentially mitigating opioid tolerance without having to go through withdrawal. Best one is memantine because of the long half life and overall clean headspace. This honestly saved my ass when I was on morphine maintenance and moved to another country where I couldn't get into maintenence so was cut off morphine. Tapered down as much as possible with pregabalin and then did some memantine megadoses, this was all what it required to get off.

Kratom has been absolutely magical for me when quitting Tramadol several times. But that is of course a weak opioid. I certainly wouldn't rely on Kratom coming off heroin. But together with a proper 2 or 3 week taper I would expect it to be a big help.

When I quit tramadol I take Kratom for a few weeks, taking less and less after 12-14 days until I am barely taking any and run out after 3-4 weeks (might need 300-400g). Benzos in small amounts help with RLS, sleep and anxiety.

One day I will decide to quit opiates for good and the drug I will turn to is ibogane. Sounds like a heavy unpleasant experience but one that could leave you cleansed of your addiction. I might try DMT first with that lasting just 15 minutes versus a day of puking on ibogane. But it sounds like DMT is unlikely to fix PAWS.

Kratom has been absolutely magical for me when quitting Tramadol several times. But that is of course a weak opioid. I certainly wouldn't rely on Kratom coming off heroin. But together with a proper 2 or 3 week taper I would expect it to be a big help.

When I quit tramadol I take Kratom for a few weeks, taking less and less after 12-14 days until I am barely taking any and run out after 3-4 weeks (might need 300-400g). Benzos in small amounts help with RLS, sleep and anxiety.

One day I will decide to quit opiates for good and the drug I will turn to is ibogane. Sounds like a heavy unpleasant experience but one that could leave you cleansed of your addiction. I might try DMT first with that lasting just 15 minutes versus a day of puking on ibogane. But it sounds like DMT is unlikely to fix PAWS.
The taper is usually my worst enemy!! Lol

The taper is usually my worst enemy!! Lol
Agreed, I have been terrible about tapering off tramadol, but kratom is so good that it makes quitting OK even without a taper. But it is absolutely necessary for a long taper with heroin for me. The difference between quitting heroin from doing ~300mg per day vs ~50mg per day is massive.

been through the same recently, not as long usage & was mostly using fentadope products, but kratom, gabapentin(or lyrica if you’ve got that), NSAIDS, & maybe 4mg of loperamide in the morning is what got me through. the benzos will help a lot as well. if it’s too acute then i’d recommend a detox where they can monitor you and maybe give you some clonidine, which also helps a lot. 12 years is a pretty long time so it won’t be easy but everything mentioned above helped me loads. don’t underestimate kratom, it took about 50-60% of the symptoms away from me.

best of luck man :)

Swim has been using opiates on and off for about 12 years nd always maintained somewhat control if needed to stop was always able to do it(usually with suboxone)..now swim has been using everyday for 2 years straight( never used as much and never used everyday during past 12 years) ..now swim for the first time does not know how to get off or even just reduce dosage to half of current dosage would make swim happy(small victories as swims sees it )..now Swim has been doing a ton of research but can't quite find an answer or any opinions to a question..which is will cocaine help swim ease withdrawals? Btw swim has done cocaine for 12 years on and off usually partying nd never felt addicted to it..any opinions ? Also swim cannot get prescribed suboxone anymore bc currently is on benzos for panic attacks nd anxiety nd no doctor will prescribe subs while on benzos( swim has horrible panic attacks and cant be off benzos at this time) any opinions will be greatly appreciated..thankyou( swim has used this site for years but this is swims first post hope everything is correct)
Extremely high dose. Vitamin C will completely abolish opiate withdrawal symptoms.

The best to use is liposomal vitamin C and take one to two grams every hour.

Liposomal vitamin C is encapsulated in phosphatidylcholine so it passes through your stomach and intestine into your bloodstream, that way you don't s*** yourself all over the place from all the vitamin C.

Let you Google it, because I know you don't believe that a whole lot of vitamin C will keep you from opiate withdrawal, but it's true.

Thankyou all for your feedback.. wish was able to use benzos to get off iv heard thats what most people have success with but tolerance for benzos is alrdy high due to taking benzos for the past 10 years for severe anxiety and panic attacks(they are prescribed by doctor) ..nd current dosage is about 1 bun a day of dope and ingestion is intranasal (10 glassine envelopes).does kratom really work? Or does it onli work if someone was on low dose opiods such as percocet,oxy etc. Thanks again
Hi dose vitamin C! I'm not kidding. Google it for real!

Extremely high dose. Vitamin C will completely abolish opiate withdrawal symptoms.

The best to use is liposomal vitamin C and take one to two grams every hour.

Liposomal vitamin C is encapsulated in phosphatidylcholine so it passes through your stomach and intestine into your bloodstream, that way you don't s*** yourself all over the place from all the vitamin C.

Let you Google it, because I know you don't believe that a whole lot of vitamin C will keep you from opiate withdrawal, but it's true.
I can’t seem to find anything convincing, do you have a link to a paper or abstract I could read that really backs this up? I’ve heard about this for ages and I know for many people & myself included, has been pretty ineffective.

Thanks! :)

Hi dose vitamin C! I'm not kidding. Google it for real!
Just read through a few abstracts and results - seems there is something to it but.. I just feel ascorbic acid isn’t the answer to a lot of people’s detox when there are far more effective ways to treat opiate use disorder & detox. I’ll keep reading and get back to you @shugenja

Cheers