• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox detoxing from 7 year 200mg daily oxycodone. Have comfort meds, please help!

GABAPENTIN 300MG every 3 hour and edibles, (MJJ) the dispencery ones. candy apple - i had no withdrawals
2 year run on ox and subs
day 5 no withdrawals and i feel great

wasnt on as long as you, so idk if u will have success. but i literally no withdrawals and i used up to 200mg

Oh, I thought you got through it, in that case be careful of gabapentin. It does help, but wow does it have terrible withdrawals if taken too long. No, other drug seems to require more and more faster to get same results. All I am saying is be careful. I really hope and pray you can get sober and not damage yourself or your life( family and all that goes with it). Gabapentin will probably make you real hungry.

Last edited:
How is this going? Im in a similar boat...dosage is creeping up and over 100mg daily ... need to stop as well

Try Ds recovery thread, yeah it is long, but there maybe people who can help. I have a script for oxy and quit morphine( not so much pain) I take less Oxy, and don't want to quit, I need it. Go to the end of thread, probably today's date there and ask for recommendations.

Had a back injury at work. Over a 6 year period in pain management, towards the end I was prescribed 240mg/ day oxy which I abused and would be out in 2 weeks. So doing the math I was taking nearly 500mg oxy/day. I would do WD for 2 weeks each month before going back for the next script. It was hell on earth for about a year. Shades drawn, never going outside unless it was time to go back to the doc for a script. No job, wife worked but barely. She was addicted too but had no injury/pain to contend with. Once I was out of meds my back pain would multiply due to no natural pain killers being produced by the body anymore. The shock from going from 500mg oxy per day to zero created some bad withdrawals that seemed to get worse each time I went thru it. 2 times in detox which never stuck. I ended up finding a small recovery clinic that dealt in the suboxone strips. Literally saved my life. Problem was that I had to have something for my back or I would never work again. At the time I was only 42 and the isolation was killing me. I needed some kind of a job to keep me out in the world bringing some kind of normalcy to things. Well, 11 years later I take 8mg suboxone per day and gabapentin. Life turned around for the most part. Ended up getting a great job opportunity from a guy who never gave up on me and put his own rep on the line to refer me to the place he worked at.

Long story shortened is that there is a life after opiates. I guess in my case sortof since I am still technically on them be it suboxone. I can actually control my intake of these where that was out the window with oxy's. I tale them as I'm supposed to now and dont fear each month at refill time. Its a strict existance as I'm drug tested every month. I have no urge to take anything else so thats not a problem for me. My recovery is more important. I have ups and downs and am struggling a bit with isolation. During this 10 year period I lost both of my parents to cancer. Relapsed for a week or so when Mom died but managed to hang in there when Dad passed.

Good luck and maybe this helps someone.

have you beaten that feeling of "somthing" and i cant tell you what it is because to this day if i dont have an opioid, i cant think because it consumes me, its not a craving at all, but its more like, my body is genuinely missing something , i can live with it if i chose to, but i couldnt ever choose that for myself i need to function. kratom does help. but this feeling. do you know what im talking about?