• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

<detox journal>

Ghostrae

Bluelighter
Decided to go 24 hrs no opoid today. Hour 14. Rationalizing a half tab (5mg)10mg norco. I think I must take it. Background. Long term (7yr) light opoid user. Want to quit. My history: I have successfully quit smoking, quit drinking, tappered off valium. Right now a few weeks rapid taper oxycodone 40mg-50mg. These drugs and this time seems different. Maybe because its not recreational. I have real pain to deal with. Maybe they are much more addictive than I thought.
Advice would be appreciated. I have bupropion, valium, loperamide. Still have pn pills. Could go get refill tomorrow. I took valium. If UT done it will show up. Lose my doctor. Hour 15 . . .

You have a valid Rx for treatment of pain.
What will you replace this with?
To start with I suggest obtaining the refill and if you have a plan in place to replace the hydro or not taper off the hydro so that WD isnt more of a bitch than it has to be.

Or just take a week or more off from everything and go through the hell of WDs that come with seven years of use.
I wouldnt recommend this but been there.
Peace

Thanks. I took the 5 mg norco. I probably will get the refill. As it is I can make the oxy I have (24 -tens) last long enough to maybe get a clean urine test. At least its a sure continuation of a tapper with another script.
Honestly in past I have had easier time taking a opoid break. Physical problems are worse. More pain, osteoarthritis. Worsning heart condition, heart valve problems.

Physical problems are worse. More pain, osteoarthritis. Worsning heart condition, heart valve problems.
Singing my song, now. ;)
So you have oxy and hydros and only have script for hydro? Sorry a little thrown about this.
There is something called "kindling" where it is proposed that each time we take breaks from drugs each time can be more intense in withdrawal.
So what plan do you have in place to manage the pains and other issues after dropping the meds you are prescribed? Ya dont have to tell me but I self medicate for my issues these days. Not an encouragement to do the same. Just wondering.
I had to get off decades of meds Rx-ed for pains and other problems. Wasnt fun I will say that.

Plan for dealing with pain after opoids?
Options: ibuprofen. Kalua in my coffee.☕️ Bought a new hot water bottle.
My tolerance is so high the pain meds do very little. To my credit I have refused to feed my intolerance. Same doses for years. The only fix for me is pain med breaks to drive down tolerance levels and switch temporarily to another opoid. Codiene 400mg once. Now oxy ir.
Part of my frustration is having to continue a medication that no longer works. A medication and treatment that is being criminalized. Its a felony in my state to Dr. shop. If a doctor thinks you are he is advised to report it to DEA or local police. Piss test infuriate me. Grossest infringement of rights.

Plan for dealing with pain after opoids?
Options: ibuprofen. Kalua in my coffee.☕️ Bought a new hot water bottle.
My tolerance is so high the pain meds do very little. To my credit I have refused to feed my intolerance. Same doses for years. The only fix for me is pain med breaks to drive down tolerance levels and switch temporarily to another opoid. Codiene 400mg once. Now oxy ir.
Part of my frustration is having to continue a medication that no longer works. A medication and treatment that is being criminalized. Its a felony in my state to Dr. shop. If a doctor thinks you are he is advised to report it to DEA or local police. Piss test infuriate me. Grossest infringement of rights.
You can buy drug screen urine tests at pharmacies and on Amazon.com. Maybe get some so you know for sure when you’ll clear a drug screen.
Be careful telling any doctor that your pain meds don’t work. Some will use that as an excuse to cut you off.
Have you tried a TENS unit? It’s an electrical signal device that tries to interrupt pain signals. It never stopped my pain, but it helped. Now days, doctors can implant them, which is more effective in some cases.

You can buy drug screen urine tests at pharmacies and on Amazon.com. Maybe get some so you know for sure when you’ll clear a drug screen.
Be careful telling any doctor that your pain meds don’t work. Some will use that as an excuse to cut you off.
Have you tried a TENS unit? It’s an electrical signal device that tries to interrupt pain signals. It never stopped my pain, but it helped. Now days, doctors can implant them, which is more effective in some cases.
Thanks!

Plan. Its been difficult psychologically, but I managed to put 10-12 hours between doses for a few days. I want to keep the "gain" so for next month I will take only 5mg bedtime or 10mg if needed. It hasn't been unusual for me to skip a month. I don't go to a pain clinic. I get my pain medication from GP. So despite mixing up my pills and adding one I should not have been taking. I am good to go.
Thsnks everyone. I will let you know how it works out.😋