• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Desperately seeking professional knowledge regarding MMT patients on addressing hair loss prevention to regrowth. FYI Methadone

Regulat0r10

Bluelighter
I’ll try to make this brief so I apologize in advanced for the lack of references. As title states, I have done some research to find (years after deciding to go on methadone) that studies have shown that 700-800 participants on this methadone study to measure test levels between the following:

Testing before and after starting methadone for the first time.

Checking T-levels on patients that have been consuming their prescribed daily MMT dose between 4 to 7 years after making the decision to hop on TRT for life.

Obviously there are hundreds of threads all over the internet (which is understandable, being that this is hands down, not only one of the oldest opioids ( officially approved as a prescription med for addressing all sorts of pain (often used to this day for cancer patients receiving chemo therapy and many other off label uses but I don’t want to get off topic here) my point is that it’s been the most clinically studied opioid, and it’s worth considering the probability of Germany doing their own research prior to giving US accsess to formula….

Longer story short, I have heard that opiates inhibit low DHT levels resulting in hair loss and growth, and if I haven’t already said this, the results of the testosterone levels in male patients was confirmed that on average, a whopping 60-75% decrease on fee test.

I have read hundreds of articles and threads relevant to this topic, and had one on one conversations with MMT patients that were kind enough spare some time and share their experiences.

Unfortunately I have not received the information I needed to commit on hoping on trt. I know genetics also play a role, but my hair is like part of my identity. I have a great hairline for my age, I'm not against getting a hair transplant to cover receding hairline if all attempts fail. I just don’t want an attempt to go wrong and make things worse and or speed up the process.

Basically what I’m hoping there is someone else here that has dealt with the same concerns, and took the risk and find success. So does MDONE cause hair loss? Or could it potentially be helping it? 🤷‍♂️

I mean I guess I should just accept the fact that no matter how good looking, we all get old, ugly, smelly, ect. But in the meantime would TRT be bad to use for the home stretch of say the last 10-15mg to improve fatigue, motivation, drive, and preventing girls from feeling insecure cus I can’t get my dick up?

Will finasteride, rogaine, derm roller, help keep and or grow hair if on trt?

Sorry for the 15 page report. Hope this starts a resourceful thread. Merry Christmas y’all

Not 100% sure what your precise question is 🤔

Are you saying that you are on methadone currently and are considering going on TRT to counteract decreased testosterone, but are worried about hair loss occurring from the TRT treatment?

TRT, at therapeutic doses (100-150mg a week) shouldn't cause significant hair loss unless you are unusually prone to DHT conversion. But if that were the case, you'd be experiencing hair loss already.