• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Desperate times, desperate measures; resin for pain management.

lavendermew

Greenlighter
so here's the deal (if you've seen me around the forums you know this already)--I've got a nasty case of fibromyalgia and chronic migraines. weed is the only thing that helps. I don't have a dealer (although I may have just found a source) and I'm disabled to the point if being mostly housebound. I also don't have paraphernalia, because I live off disability and I can barely afford what little weed I come into. I'm working on getting my medicinal card (it's legal in my state), but in the meantime...

There's a thunderstorm rolling in and my pain is at a solid 7 and worsening. I cleaned my sister's pipe yesterday for her in exchange for keeping the resin. She'd never cleaned it herself, so freezing and scraping got me a pretty decent amount, enough at least for tonight.

my problem is I'm at my own place now and I don't have a pipe. it's late at night and even if it weren't I'm in too much pain to travel anywhere to buy one, and I can't really afford it anyway. I've looked up some tutorials on DIY single-use aluminum foil pipes--would I be able to smoke resin in one?

keep in mind I'm really really hurting and having trouble focusing, so along with my wrists aching I can't do anything super complex. I just don't have the brainpower.

I do have cigarettes (tobacco), but trying to stick a clump of resin in one spliff-style seems like it wouldn't work very well.

also, housemates, so I can't stink up common areas.

pls help a sick sister out. :(

ETA: I also have some of those little amber-colored crystals from the last time I cleaned out a friend's pipe when I used the rubbing alcohol method, which I didn't realize until I checked on them just now. Those I've seen in joints; would spliffing them work? they're still a little wet because I only had 71% isopropyl, but the alcohol is gone. I burned it off in a crockpot. I know, terrible idea, I don't have a death wish so I'm never doing that again and don't try it at home, etc. (I managed not to set myself or my house on fire, though.)

Last edited:
update: smoked the resin with a tinfoil pipe. worked okay, but not wonderfully. still open to suggestions for the amber crystals?

carefully empty your cigarette, in order to not rip the paper, mix the tobacco with your material, carfully fill it into the empty cigarette, smoke.

^ yea that. watch out for little hash cherries falling out of the cigarette though, at best it'll burn a hole in your pants at worse... well, just be wide awake while you're doing it.