• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Desire

Psyduck

Bluelighter
Four poems on the same theme, exploiting the same imagery.

I like the sea:
we understand each other.
Never resting
It is always yearning,
sighing for something it cannot have;
and so am I.
Restless.

The Sea breaks open the duality
of rising and falling waves
between desire and fulfillment.

My soul wants to return to
the whole Sea
beyond this duality
to become Desire that never stops
to be Eternal Desire.

The One self-enjoys its Multiplicity

The sea,
is a multiplicity of waves
each wave an up movement
and a collapsing again.

Everything which we Desire
what drives us
is an individual sea-wave
moving forward.

What is the movement
of the Sea as such?
That which never collapses
but always Moves.

That which rolls up
all individual waves
and moves All forward.

To become Divine Eros
not human Eros
one must realize that
one is not the finite wave
but the Infinite Sea
always Self-generating
Self-overflowing
Self-enjoying itself.

Last edited:
I like these.

I remember always reading and liking your input in the P&S forum, you always had some good philosophical musings; you seem to be exploring a more spiritual or transcendental or (dare I say) religious ideology (or maybe I'm wrong?) but if so what has changed in your thinking?

you seem to be exploring a [..] religious ideology (or maybe I'm wrong?)
Not per se. I am just trying to articulate some fundamental experiences. Phrases such as "Divine Eros" just happen to be the most convenient way of saying it. Similarly, people use the word "Love" all the time to express one of their most fundamental feelings. Yet, nobody really knows what the word means. I think in the end it doesn't really matter, though. What is more important is that we are trying to express those things that concern ourselves the deepest.

but if so what has changed in your thinking?
I do think rational thought has its limitations. In general subject x "describes" phenomena y. There are different modes of thought which can say more and they are worthy to explore. To take an example: I am convinced that listening to music can say us more about human emotions than any PET scan on the brain will ever be able to. I see art (music, poetry, etc.) as having the potency for Reality coming to self-expression and self-knowledge. Art is not representing reality like a mathematical formula or philosophical idea does. Art is the very process in which Reality comes to its own self-expression and self-knowledge.

Last edited:
I love these three together conceptually, and I kind of love that you are named after a pokemon as well on another note =D