• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Derealization and Anxiety after MDMA

The wonderful thing about SSRIs is the fact you don't know how your body/brain is going to react to them. I have been on a lot of SSRI's through out my life and I learned they all do different things to you. Some helped but made things worse, some made everything worse. You can't "Just stop taking them". If you do that all hell will break lose. In my personal experience when I just quit taking SSRI's I went crazy. I was more depressed when I stopped taking them because I felt like I didn't need them. I think SSRI's should be a LAST resort. I have quit taking my SSRI's because I liked taking MDMA a lot more. I learned the hard way that they don't mix.
From what other people say about their recovery stories most of them get better from what I read. Anxiety/depression is not fun at all and the ride out might suck hard. It's like your brain knows how to heal it's self, I promise. Here is a very good example that the brain knows what it is doing.
"happens when the function of the damaged area is taken over by another area in the brain. Brandi Binder's right hemisphere was removed when she was 6 years old to prevent epileptic seizures from occurring. Although she was not able to regain the use of her left arm, her left hemisphere gradually took over the functions of the right hemisphere in controlling the left side of her body. (Note: The right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, and vice versa. In Brandi Binder's case, the left side of her brain almost completely took over the control of both sides of her body." (http://general-psychology.weebly.com/how-does-the-brain-repair-itself.html)

All I am saying is don't rush into SSRI's I mean if a brain can recover from losing the right side, then the brain adapts to that. I am honestly positive that your brain can come back from the MDMA over usage. Like Mindovermatter1 was saying, if it is a year think then start to think about it then. Until then try and relax. Do normal things like Take a bath when you are getting to stressed and have anxiety, go on a walk and listen to some enya. Just ride it out. Read other people's stories and see what they had to do to get through it. Try those and if those don't work, then go to meds.

Smoking weed is a little different for me now and can give me some anxiety, but I havent had panic attacks since last year
That feeling of my heart racing when I wake up is gone, no tingling in my hands and face
I think my ability to focus is worse than before, but that's probably just from everything else in college
I went on a regimen of supplements like b vitamins, magnesium, some adrenal cortex stuff to restore my energy after panic attacks, vitamin c, etc.