• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Depression, anxiaty and opioids

zagor11

Bluelighter
My depression got much worse when I was using oxycodone 4 years ago. I quit and was on suboxone for 6 months. Due to medical reasons, as well as depression and anxiety getting worse on suboxone I switched back to oxycodone. It's been 3 months nd while it somewhat helps for pain there is zero uphoria. I quit suboxone CT off 18 mg and 55 hours later started oxycodone and felt nothing. 90 days later, with much higher dose not a buzz. How can suboxone block the receptors for so long?

It's not blocking, tolerance is fucked, 18mg of bupe is a GIGANTIC dose. 1mg of bupe = 30mg of oxycodone. Not to mention bupe tolerance develops more through beta-arrestin recruitment and not so much receptor internalization, which can take much longer to fade if ever.

I'm not an expert in the mechanism of opiates, but in general, ex-addicts who return to a standard dose of any opiate say that it has no effect. It seems that tolerance lasts a long time when people have abused too much. Something similar happens with Benzodiazepines.

It's said that low doses of DXM can partly reverse the tolerance but I do not know what the consumption pattern is or the dose needed, nor if it serves a massive case like yours.

DocLad

It's not blocking, tolerance is fucked, 18mg of bupe is a GIGANTIC dose. 1mg of bupe = 30mg of oxycodone. Not to mention bupe tolerance develops more through beta-arrestin recruitment and not so much receptor internalization, which can take much longer to fade if ever.

Yeah.

Also... there is no drug that you can take that will reliably make you feel happy all day every day. The human brain isn't meant to be in a perpetual state of euphoria.

I am not looking for a high all day every day. Maybe if I quit oxy, perhaps it will reset all in the brain?

Your tolerance will never return to what it was, if you quit for an extended time(many weeks) then you will have a day or two of reduced tolerance but it will rise to your current level almost instantly every time you use.